Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

What is your piccolo setup?

Gemeinhardt 4S

Alright, I got tired of waiting for the Demedici picc to come out, so I just bought a used Yamaha YPC-62.

It's very nice!

I just had my YPC-62 repadded and it plays great. Still on the hunt for a used Zentner. Hesitated last weekend on one on ebay and am kicking myself.

Good luck with the 62, Merlin.

I just had my YPC-62 repadded and it plays great. Still on the hunt for a used Zentner. Hesitated last weekend on one on ebay and am kicking myself.

Good luck with the 62, Merlin.

Saw that one too.

Was going to chalk it up to being too good to be true...but Quinn's got a good rep as a seller, so I was really close.

I'm happy with what I got, and what I paid, so all's well.

Don't laugh, but I've got an old Artley of unknown vintage or model in 'gold' plate with nickle silver keys.

It's cute, and my students love to borrow it when they tink they're ready to give picc a try.

Everybody's favorite: One of those Venus piccolos AFTER they didnt have the overly round lip plate(if anyone remembers the earlier piccs that Venus made)! I got one of the 'hit' ones as oppose to the 'miss' ones and it actually plays in tune and has served me well for a few years. I think Im going to upgrade (possibly) to a Pearl though.

I bought a Burkart Resona last October. It's gonna get it's debut in "A Chorus Line" this March. This may sound odd, but I cannot wait to get this thing in a performance situation.

A side note: I tried this horn next to a Burkart Professional and a Hammig, and the Resona sounded the same as the Professional, and I felt sounded better than the Hammig. I think it could become a new standard.

Don't laugh, but I've got an old Artley of unknown vintage or model in 'gold' plate with nickle silver keys.

It's cute, and my students love to borrow it when they tink they're ready to give picc a try.

I'm not laughing. I had the top Gemeinhardt, Yamaha 62, Hammig, and dumped them all for a $100, cylindrical bore Artley, which I used for many years on countless recordings. Fabulous sound and intonation. The only pic I liked as much was Jerry Dodgeon's Haynes.

I don't have much occasion to play picc these days, so I never seriously sought one out, but....

Not too long ago I saw a picc in the back of a junk case wrapped in plastic wrap. I couldn't make out the name, but the case looked suspiciously nice, so I asked to see it. A Philipp Hammig 650-3, in mint condition, from the 90s. $250.

I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough. Lovely, plays effortlessly right to the top of octave 3.

Back
Top Bottom