I just got me one of these!!!

I landed a gig with a local neo-burlesque group

http://www.peekaboorevue.com/

One catch though, I had to buy a contra bass clarinet for the big solo bump and grind parts.

So here it is (on order)

The Leblanc BBb Contra Bass!!! I can't wait to blow this sucker :emoji_relaxed:

le_lc340.jpg

I have to get out and dance with this thing. What strap should I use?

I'm actually using mine quite often right now. I don't have a bass clarinet, so I'm using it to play all of the bass clarinet parts in various musicals...

I'm actually using mine quite often right now. I don't have a bass clarinet, so I'm using it to play all of the bass clarinet parts in various musicals...

Glad to know such a fine instrument is getting good use. While I've been playing my bass clarinet plenty, I'd be just fooling myself thinking I'd get enough use with a BBb. Oh well, just day dreaming...

btw, I lived in Cary, NC in the '90s. Loved it there. Where are you playing your shows?

Doing a lot of stuff with local high schools as well as the university. Decent amount of stuff with the local theatre in the Progress Energy Center. Pretty fun. Did you ever have a chance to hear the Grains of Time while you were in Cary? I sing with them now.

Blat

Playing mine in concert next Sunday :-D

Unless they've changed the strap ring position, they're really not set up to play just with a neck strap. The strap serves more of a safety harness.

Did you ever have a chance to hear the Grains of Time while you were in Cary? I sing with them now.

Sorry, can't say I did.

Playing mine in concert next Sunday :-D

Unless they've changed the strap ring position, they're really not set up to play just with a neck strap. The strap serves more of a safety harness.

That was give away. Doing a bump and grind dance with it would just wrong :emoji_smile:

How to identify a contra-based April Fools joke

It involves someone getting paid to play the thing.

Actually, one of the first professional night-club gigs I ever played was at a strip club in Miami Florida. I was 18, the girls stripped down to g-string and pasties, and I was glad I was sitting down so it wasn't so obvious that I was also enjoying the show. I didn't have to buy a clarinet either, my trusty Mark VI did the job quite well.

Notes

Back
Top Bottom