Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Keilwerth Toneking 3000 Jazzophone

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Yup, Matt aka QuinnTheEskimo, the ultimate GAS enabler has struck again:

"This is an EXTREMELY RARE Keilwerth Toneking 3000 Jazzophone. The jazzophone is a bit of an odd duck-it’s a trumpet but is wrapped like a saxophone. Looks really funky and cool and sounds great, though you can't use mutes with it. In over 10 years of dealing in vintage instruments I've never seen another one of these in person. Horn looks good with some lacquer wear (see pics). Valves are excellent and this great horn plays well as is."

I hope to video it in action next month at the Microsoft Jazz Band concert.

Last edited:
Congrats! Looks like something Eddie Harris would have been all over if he had known they existed.

Sure you don't need to sell a B991 to finance this purchase? :)

Congrats! Looks like something Eddie Harris would have been all over if he had known they existed.

Sure you don't need to sell a B991 to finance this purchase? :)
ebay #260550640282

On a completely different tack, for whatever reason, the forum software thinks that just about anyone that posts in this thread is sp@mming the forum and thus is throwing their post into the "to be moderated" bin.

Sorry 'bout that.

On a completely different tack, for whatever reason, the forum software thinks that just about anyone that posts in this thread is sp@mming the forum and thus is throwing their post into the "to be moderated" bin.

Sorry 'bout that.

must be because the word "Microsoft" was used :p

Is it bad that I initially thought of Ed Harris, the movie star?
Ed Harris really can act a variety of roles persuasively. Eddie Harris is one of my favorite musicians. So, yes, it is bad. You hurt my feelings. Besides, somehow I doubt this is the right place to get your Eds mixed up.

Dear Mr. Glass,

Schreiber & Keilwerth redirected your questions about the Toneking 3000 Jazzophon to me. I devised this instrument, which is a normal B-trompet in manner of a saxophon. It was built from 1982 to 1986. I can't tell you an exact number of items, but there where not more than 100. And as far as i know there where unfortunately no famous musicians who played it.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Gerhard Julius Keilwerth

I devised this instrument, which is a normal B-trompet in manner of a saxophon.
Apologies for my ignorance but I don't understand the meaning. If it is not played with a reed the statement seems like an oxymoron to me, but perhaps that is just me (after subtracting "oxy"). Perhaps you could kindly elaborate.

Back
Top Bottom