Search results

1. Anton Stadler

Bass tárogató

Hi Princess J, Yes bass tarogatok do exist and in increasing numbers in Hungary as they are being manufactured by Gregus Pal over there. The resemble a large wooden straignt tenor saxophone, and when I have heard them played they produce a sound very similar to as tenor sax but much more...
  2. Anton Stadler

Interesting tárogatós

Are they still classed as tarogatok though? I really cannot see the point of changing the fingering system as the Albert is more than`adequate, and most players can get around the instrument well enough. All it takes is practice!
  3. Anton Stadler

Some Reference Materials ....

There is also the British tárogató Association website www.britishtarogatoassociation.com which was founded by Dr. Marc Naylor, a professional player of the instrument.
  4. Anton Stadler

A most intriguing opportunity...

Hi kymarto, I would say that the low A was fitted to give the tárogató the same range as one in C. I would agree that it was probably a special order instrument as Stowasser did not, to my knowledge advertise instruments in Db. It is a strange key to request an instrument to be made in though...
  5. Anton Stadler

tárogató madness

Hello kymarto, Schunda tárogatós are very rare and are hard to come by. Stowassers are more plentiful but are very expensive. There are three makers in Hungary producing new instruments - Stowasser J. tárogató; Toth & Tarsa; amd Gregus Pal. I have had the pleasure of playing those by Gregus and...
  6. Anton Stadler

New mouthpiece for my tárogató

Hi Princess, There is a brilliant mouthpiece maker here in the UK named Edward Pillinger. He makes a wonderful tárogató mouthpiece based on a Stowasser model. He made one for me and it is wonderful. It makes a lovely sound and has really improved my tárogató. Hope this is of help.
Back
Top Bottom