Search results

1. clarinetist25

No More Woodwinds?

My marching band is very weird. We only have 2 clarinets, and 3 flutes. We can't really be heard at all.
  2. clarinetist25

What did you practice today?

What did I practice? I am having a really hard time characterizing what I practiced on Saturday. I practiced various intervals, and weird combinations with intervals.
  3. clarinetist25

I practiced long tones, some altissimo stuff, and my Étude.
  4. clarinetist25

How to produce full sounding high notes?

Do you just do long tones for a long long time or is there something I'm missing here? Thanks
  5. clarinetist25

I haven't practiced in 2 days. I wonder what today's gonna be like:grin:.
  6. clarinetist25

Well, I haven't practiced today, but yesterday I practiced patterns,my new marching band music and the concert Bb scale in thirds.
  7. clarinetist25

So far I have practiced scale patterns,long tones and a piece of 2 etudes.
  8. clarinetist25

I learned about minor scales with my teacher and practiced fingering exercises from hyacinthe klose(I think).
  9. clarinetist25

How do you improve lower register tone?

Umm, I don't know exactly but I have a vito clarinet with the mouthpiece that came with the clarinet, and I have vandoren reeds. I have also been playing this particular clarinet for 2 years if that helps. Its also plastic(but you probably knew that).
  10. clarinetist25

How do you improve lower register tone?

I have noticed that my lower register on the clarinet is too harsh. How do you fix that? Thanks :grin:
  11. clarinetist25

The switch: Bb soprano to Bb bass clarinet.

Well, Where would I play soprano clarinet if I play bass clarinet in school band(I want to be drum major in my marching band, so no instruments there.)?
  12. clarinetist25

The switch: Bb soprano to Bb bass clarinet.

I like playing the soprano, but, recently I have listened to wonderfully awesome bass clarinet playing, and I finally realise the ability of the bass clarinet. I was wondering what I could do with it. I come here asking many MANY questions: 1. What are the advantages to completely switching to...
  13. clarinetist25

chair auditions

I wasn't talking about only technical abilities. I also know band is a collaborative project between the different members of each section to reach the common goal of making beautiful music together and sharing that beautiful music with other people.
  14. clarinetist25

chair auditions

That makes some since Gandalfe. It means that you could learn from the better players and further your own ability.
  15. clarinetist25

WF New People Introductions

Yes, I'm 14.
  16. clarinetist25

Thanks saxplayer I see. Gary probably does hate me. That's ok, I don't really like him either:twisted:. I'm just kidding, He seems to be a great trumpet,french horn, flute, and alto sax player. He is also really knowledgeable. (Oh yeah, my name was 25 clarinets, the somewhat enthusiastic...
  17. clarinetist25

what constitutes good for you?

Oh, I'm sorry. Someone asked me that on another forum. I just put it here. I see, So you are saying I should not keep it so vague.
  18. clarinetist25

what constitutes good for you?

(I'm sorry, I may be being tooooo talkative on this forum, I promise I won't post toooo many threads, but I wanted to get to know some of you.) On your chosen instrument, what makes you think someone is good when you hear them? I think that(on any instrument) tone always has to be good(dark...
  19. clarinetist25

Well............. I guess I could come back. But definitely NOT now.
  20. clarinetist25

Flute embouchure?

Thank you, Gandalfe.
Back
Top Bottom