Search results

1. Favorite Ligatures

Lately I've been useing the Rico H ligature on my alto and tenor mpc.'s. I was trying a Rovner Mklll but found it was stuffy and made my mpc's hard to blow.
  2. Thank you

That's the reason I like this forum so much also! Excellent, well moderated site! Gary
  3. Pads for old Conn C Melody sax

I am in the process of restoring a 1920 Conn C-melody,and I decided on Precision pads with flat metal resonators, as it should be brighter then pads without resos.I went for Precision pads because of the cost, and I've had good luck in the past with them. Gary
  4. Rarest Sax on eBay this Week

Nice horn! I like the old card !
  5. Stephen Howards saxophone manual

Stephen Howards website shwoodwind.co.uk. has a lot of info on it as well as updates on the book.
  6. WF New People Introductions

Sorry, I'm from Leominster,Massachusetts.
  7. Stephen Howards saxophone manual

Hi JBT, There is no Letter N just a 6 digit serial number #879910.The sax needs new pads,so I figured it would be an alright test subject.
  8. Stephen Howards saxophone manual

Sorry, I hit the wrong key-it is a 1960 shooting stars. I don't know if that is still a Mexican model or not.
  9. Stephen Howards saxophone manual

As well as keeping my new sax working properly, I have a 1969 shooting stars alto that needs new pads. I have worked mechanicaly my entire life, so this book will help me with the repad. I think if you have a little mechanical ability, this book will be a plus to own.
  10. Stephen Howards saxophone manual

I just received the Haynes manual by Stephen Howard after ordering it through Barnes and Noble.Though the book was quite expensive,$37.00 after taxes, it is well worth the money! The pictures are excellent! This is definately a must have if you are interested in maintaining your Sax.
  11. How to choose pads

I am going to try repadding a Conn shooting stars alto, so I bought a set of precision pads with flat resonators from MusicMedic.I hope the sets pad sizes are correct.
  12. WF New People Introductions

Hello All Name is Gary,and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I play alto sax now after a LONG time away from it.Marriage,kids,etc., took center stage for 30 years or so, but now I've picked up the sax again. I can't believe how much I've missed it! Back in the day, I played alto and baritone...
Back
Top Bottom