Search results

1. Plonk

Cheap Clarinets (aka CSO)

Thanks! My first ever instrument was a CSO then, or more technically a POS! I sold it for £10 in about 1986. I was pleased to get that much for it! Mind you it had got me to grade 5. It was actually a great instrument to learn on, because it fell apart so regularly I learnt loads about how the...
  2. Plonk

Cheap Clarinets (aka CSO)

Could someone explain the abbreviations for me please! CSO, ISO, POS and MPC are puzzling me! Tx
  3. Plonk

How do you improve lower register tone?

I thought so! :D
  4. Plonk

Emma Johnson videos

There's a whole series of clarinet instruction videos presented by English clarinet player Emma Johnson available on Youtube at the mo: http://www.youtube.com/user/icanplayitian#g/c/2123087DE3C5FF2C Full of excellent tips aimed at all levels of player, and it nice short easy to digest chunks!
  5. Plonk

Glissando

Anyone got any really good tips on achieving the Gershwin glissando? I have watched lots of Youtube videos explaining how to do it, but I'm still a long way off! I can drop my jaw and change the tone a lot -no problem, but the problem is how to go from each tone to the next one. Do you start...
  6. Plonk

How do you improve lower register tone?

Try a harder reed, try to support the note with air from your diaphragm not your chest. Experiment with changing the shape of your mouth as though you're saying different vowels and notice how the sound changes. I'm curious Tictactux - how do you receed your wisdom teeth?
Back
Top Bottom