Search results

1. Alto Clarinet Recommendations for mouthpiece

I have a LeBlanc. The best mouth piece I've found is a Roger Garrett. Not necessarily recommending it just saying it's the best I've found. My alto is a bit cantankerous in the low clarion register; it wants to jump a 6th.
  2. Alto notes jump a 6th

Well I took it to the repair tech and he carefully checked it for leaks and other issues. He really didn't find anything significant. He's a good tech but mainly a bassoon player which is a disadvantage when troubleshooting a clarinet problem; especially a problem that may be with that...
  3. Alto notes jump a 6th

So with the hosiery method, do you put a piece of it over the vent hole right under where the pad would contact it? (almost all clarinetists I know are nerds!)
  4. Alto notes jump a 6th

Thanks for the replies even though there was some weird stuff in there :) I'm not sure if the Leblanc was playable before the overhaul. I bought it after it was overhauled and there was a crack in the upper section that needed to be fixed. I assume he (Dalton Music in Keystone, SD) did a good...
  5. Alto notes jump a 6th

Normally I play bass clarinet but I've been playing alto clarinet in a clarinet choir for about a year and have tried 3 different brands: a Vito Resotone (plastic), a Buescher (plastic), and now a LeBlanc (wood) that's just been rebuilt. I just got a mouth piece from Roger Garret. As far as ease...
Back
Top Bottom