Search results

1. Willow11

'The Cowboys'

I love this idea and did not think it would come out so good ... I will definitely try doing this this afternoon... THANK YOU
  2. Willow11

'The Cowboys'

Thank you all for your suggestions and input... I hate reading this piece and being sort of new back to music as it is (for the first time in 8 years), it makes it even more difficult.
  3. Willow11

'The Cowboys'

Okay, has anyone played 'The Cowboy's by John Williams in Alto? I am struggling with this piece so badly, it is tough ... at least for me :( Any suggestions? Or any where I can get sheet music with the 1st & 2nd separated (part of the problem is the music is tough and it's all on the same damn...
  4. Willow11

Exercises to strengthen my embouchure?

I agree! I usually play in front of my boyfriend to help, although, it's not usually the performances that make me nervous, I love performing. It's the fact that I haven't played in so long and that confidence that I use to have reassuring me that I won't mess up, isn't really there quite yet...
  5. Willow11

That's hilarious. Yeah, I don't think (as much as we'd like to believe) that caramel's will help with that :) I have been steadily increasing my playing time, I'm just one of those people that if I'm not perfect by the time I need to be perfect, I panic a tad. Because I actually signed up for...
  6. Willow11

Are musicians morning or evening types.

Definitely an evening type ... I didn't have to take the test either to know that I am definitely an evening type (I scored a 9) lol :)
  7. Willow11

Yeah, I agree! But I thought I would still answer the question. The horn I play on now is fabulous, gorgeous ... but when I started out, I played on an old beat up, scratched, etc. horn and I played just the same :) I will look into getting a smaller mouthpiece, I haven't tried that yet. I...
  8. Willow11

Need some help ...

I agree! It has been great playing again, I forgot how much I missed it :) And you're also right in the half the battle being figuring out where to go from here. I use to play in small jazz bands and quartets and what not, so I may try something like that again after this first semester back in...
  9. Willow11

I play a Alto Sax, Selmer. I am currently playing with a 2.5 reed. I do remember some of these exercises from HS that my teacher would give to new players. I have just always played, I don't remember how I learned initially (or built up my embouchure at that time). I assumed, like I always had...
  10. Willow11

Need some help ...

Thanks for the additional suggestions. It's definitely been a world wind lately since I started playing again... I just hope that I continue to pick it back up quickly :) Thank you for thoughts and suggestions, all of the help/guidance I've received from this site already has been really great!
  11. Willow11

So, I have just started playing again after almost 10 years of not playing ... and I can only play for about 20-30 minutes (after about a week or two) and that is with a softer reed (2.5) ... Does anyone know any good exercises to try and build my embouchure back up? Or is it simply a matter of...
  12. Willow11

Need some help ...

Thanks for these suggestions, I just checked out the Neff music site that was posted, as well as looked up the two names above - I never even though about lessons through something like skype. That is amazing, we definitely didn't have that when I stopped playing :) I like the idea of the...
  13. Willow11

Need some help ...

I'm loving the link ... You guys sound great! 27 years though, I thought my leave of absence was long :) Well, you inspire me to know that I can regain all my talent and confidence... I've been thinking of some lessons too, just to get me back up to where I was at least. It's just a matter of...
  14. Willow11

Need some help ...

Thanks for the jazz suggestions. I use to play a little in the jazz ensembles; however, most of my playing was in high school and college concert, marching and symphonic bands. When I left college and joined the AF, I stopped playing. It's been about 10 years and have recently returned to...
  15. Willow11

Need some help ...

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been struggling, not only with relearning everything but with my confidence. These sites and suggestions are proving very helpful. I have also really enjoyed this site and glad I found it. Hope to talk again soon :) Bre
  16. Willow11

Need some help ...

Okay, so I am new to this website and am still learning my way around. However, the reason for my post is I have recently started playing again after several years and I feel like a lost kid. I thought playing my sax (which I did for almost 10 years through school & college) would be something I...
Back
Top Bottom