Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. abadcliche

SML gold horns ~ the rest of the story...

Wow, awesome sleuthing Pete.
  2. abadcliche

Extremely interesting stuff, saxpics and groovekiller. Thanks for sharing. Most interesting thing to me is the "Perm. Gold" finish on the Adolphe instruments was cheaper than silver plate!
  3. abadcliche

Pardon if this is a double post, it doesn't look like my first one took. Here is an image of a Perma Gold sax: Here is a video of the same horn: http://youtu.be/qVtP2dMROXE I have looked through those photos and they all look Perma-Gold to me. It is quite distinctive when held up...
  4. abadcliche

Fun With Brass

Well I put my thinking cap on and hunkered down for a good 20 minutes thinkfest and found (thanks to JBT's clues!) that the source for the gel pictured at the top of the thread is here: http://www.cooltools.us/Cool-Tools-Liver-of-Sulfur-in-Gel-Form-2oz-p/pol-802.htm Thanks Steve! Super...
  5. abadcliche

Fun With Brass

Thanks simso! If I find answers to my other questions, I will post them here.
  6. abadcliche

Fun With Brass

Awesome. Do you have a recommended source? Does the solution have any effect on old lacquer? Does the patina wear off at all if you don't lacquer over it? Left in, does it just continue to get darker?
  7. abadcliche

Oops, they did it again (aka, Buffet sells themselves. Again)

This was a very informative and interesting read, guys. Thank you for taking the time to share. As it happens, I really personally like Keilwerth and would be just as sad if this was bad for them as if i wasn't a dealer. I actually don't use money I don't have to buy things (crazy talk!) so...
  8. abadcliche

Oops, they did it again (aka, Buffet sells themselves. Again)

Would it be naive to hope that the Buffet Group (more specifically Keilwerth, for whom I have just become a dealer) could benefit from this?
  9. abadcliche

patch inside the bow on late Selmer altos

Good to know. So far, all indications are that it was Elkhart who did it.
  10. abadcliche

I agree. My guess is that it will be found factory installed on American-assembled horns only, but its just a guess.
  11. abadcliche

Ok, so I'm putting this in repair rather than Selmer because I think this question is more likely to have an answer from someone browsing this section. Sometime in the later run of Mark VI altos, Selmer put a patch inside the bow- most likely as part of their continuing experimentation with...
  12. abadcliche

The Beauty of Saxophones: Conn M-series Edition

The horn has been traded away, so no new pictures. The G# lever key pivots on a hinge tube that is perpindicular to the body tube, so the G# touchpiece presses straight down towards the body tube. I have outlined the G# lever key in the original picture here:
  13. abadcliche

Top view of stack vs. pinky table angle: Detail of G# pad key to G# touchpiece key linkage:
  14. abadcliche

Hey! Been out of town for a few days. Will fulfill picture requests tomorrow.
  15. abadcliche

The RH thumb position is something I have definitely heard before, but it fits me ok. I really like the adjusting thumbrest on the transitional altos- not because its amazingly excellent at its job (it does fine, but its nothing amazing), but its just a cool design.
  16. abadcliche

The Conn M-series saxophone. In my opinion, one of the most beautiful saxophones ever made, and an example of American design and craftsmanship at its finest. I just finished an overhaul on one of mine (1940 10M) to go up for sale on my site, and I realized that in particular, there are...
  17. abadcliche

pretty pictures of a gold-plated Couf Superba I

I don't think I've learned so much on a variety of subjects before as I have in this thread.
  18. abadcliche

WANTED: lots of old Otto Link TM/STM ligatures

I'm on the lookout for a bunch of the old TM/STM Link ligatures, the ones with the "T" or "Otto Link" stamp. I always have a use for them, and I am running low from my last bulk purchase of these. Mostly looking for tenor, but I won't turn down an alto at a good price. Got a bunch of...
  19. abadcliche

WANTED: Martin "The Martin" Committee III tenor saxophone, 160k-ish serial range

I'm looking for a good original condition Martin Committee III around 160k-ish (flexible on that) to overhaul for a customer. The horn MUST be original finish, must be in good shape, must have all its original bits, must not have had major past damage even if it was repaired well. Ideally...
  20. abadcliche

pretty pictures of a gold-plated Couf Superba I

Clarnibass, I get it now! Sorry for the confusion. Haha wow I guess you can tell all of that from the "exif" data? I am a photographic noob although I am getting into it. Like you said, it gets complicated and expensive very fast. I'm particularly interested in taking better audio for...
Back
Top Bottom