Search results

1. Bundy Alto going over the break!

Was actually hoping for a solution on this!:P
  2. What are your doubles?

Bb Clarinet Alto Eb Clarinet Percussion (Snare, Set, Hand Percussion, Steel Drums, Marimba, Xyplophone) Yah not extensive, but only in highschool so I have time ^^
  3. Bundy Alto going over the break!

Thanks a lot for those pictures! My problem seems to be that when I press down the thumb plate and register key the rocker doesn't push back to open the valve. It opens with no resistance when I push the rocker back though. But at least so far I got to try the higher range, this thing...
  4. Bundy Alto going over the break!

Thank you, that will be much appreciated :D
  5. Bundy Alto going over the break!

haha, I guess I could try out a different mouthpiece. But it just seems so odd that it doesn't even seem like it's trying to hit the higher register at all, instead it just plays the lower register as if the key was just there for show! However that's only when my finger is on F, when I'm...
  6. Bundy Alto going over the break!

I do believe we are talking about 2 different things.
  7. Bundy Alto going over the break!

Ah I should have been more clearer, when press the keys to go over the break it will just play a note from the lower register as if the key wasn't pressed. Everything below the break plays fine and dandy. I will however look it over with my clarinet teacher next week as well:p
  8. Bundy Alto going over the break!

Well I know, bundy alto, don't bother, whatever. But I got it for free (there's a joke in there too I bet) so it's not a loss for me. Besides some pads that probably would need to be replaced soon, it looked fine to me. However I don't know how to get this thing to play over the break! I...
  9. Polishing Nickel keys at Home

Well if the price is right :D
  10. WF New People Introductions

I didn't even notice this thread was here! :p Anywho, I'm Brian, a kid from New York who had just recently began clarinet last October. My only previous experience in music to this is quite a few years of playing percussion for the school band. However I took music theory this year which has...
  11. William Haynes Thermoclarinet

That is one oddly shaped clarinet:o
  12. Losing a once had skill

Well first thing you might want to try is renting a different clarinet to see if that really is where the problem lies. On the other hand, if that's not what the issue is, you just need to keep practicing in those settings and not get discouraged. Play to the best of your ability, and you...
  13. Introducing Smigly ~ the wannabe Jazzer

Was definitely a good laugh, thanks for the link
  14. A grandfather playing clarinet for the last time

It was linked from a friend who knew them, I didn't know them personally.
  15. A grandfather playing clarinet for the last time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk5wbNBDFEs&feature=related This was touching:(
  16. What is your Clarinet setup ?

Just wondering, when I do choose to get another horn, what would be a good upgrade from this? Not that I'm planning on doing that any time soon :D
  17. What is your Clarinet setup ?

At the moment I'm using a YCL-200AD Yamaha Advantage clarinet, and it's really great:] Not that I have much reference on other clarinets, since I only started 6 months ago!
  18. Keeping The Beat

Can always do what I did, which is play percussion for eight years:p I don't think I've ever done any exercises to be able to keep tempo, just something I gained over time.
Back
Top Bottom