Search results

1. kcp

Saxophone Toys and Such

Hehehe, that's pretty funny. I can just picture you at this too :lol:
  2. kcp

Saxophone Toys and Such

Oh boy. I’m guilty of owning a toy sax. I got it on eBay several years ago after seeing a street performer who had a life size puppet dancing and lip singing to James Brown music – His act was really well put together – It gave me the idea of making this sax playing puppet against whom I would...
  3. kcp

Are musicians morning or evening types.

I'm neither but I found it difficult to answer some of the questions because I likely have SAD (never got it checked tho) and where my answers to some of the questions are different now than what they would be in the springtime or summer. Right now I definately sleep longer and therefore stay up...
  4. kcp

Happy Holidays All

I'm a bit late to the party, as always, but still on time for the New Year. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year everyone.
  5. kcp

Happy Birthday Ed!!

First time I log-in here in ages and look who's birthday it is!! That must be a sign or something ;) Happy B-Day, Ed!! :D
  6. kcp

Getting Traffic to your Lessons/Repair site

Nice website! Unfortunately a nice website and the use of Meta Tags is not enough; People won't go to your website or won't look it up if they don't know it exist. Here are a few tips to help marketing a website. A lot of these are very simple but we sometimes may overlook them. Utilize...
  7. kcp

And then there's THIS guy

Oh you guys can laugh all you want but you wouldn't believe how much this guy gets paid for 1 performance -- It's definately not a waste of time - I know that from personally knowing a booking agent who has hired him on a number of occasion.
  8. kcp

Inventory of Bari Players & Their Horns

Yes. I play bari too but lately have been back to playing mostly tenor. I kind of miss playing bari; I need to find more opportunities :(
  9. kcp

I REALLY dislike poorly done transcriptions!

^Yeah, but is it aesthetically eye pleasing?
  10. kcp

I REALLY dislike poorly done transcriptions!

Oh dear, Don't get me started on that! There has been quite a few commercial quartet arrangements that I've had to re-write into sibelius. There was even one I remember where two bars of silence have been ommited in one of the parts. To make matters worst, some of these sheet music the...
  11. kcp

hot topics policy

now, now, let's not get into politics there, eh!! ;) Besides, like it was said earlier, it'll bore you to death.... zzzzzzzzzz
  12. kcp

hot topics policy

You people got it all wrong, I don't speak like dat and I don't eat donuts... non mais voyons... sheesh! :rolleyes:
  13. kcp

hot topics policy

Oh, they don't need my help. Pete and Ed are more experienced Admins than I. In fact, they thaught me how to. As for the checking-up on you part goes; hey, don't flatter yourself too much! ;) (just teasing) - For sure tho, seeing you contribute here says that you're not one of those...
  14. kcp

hot topics policy

A little bit of history for those whom may not know or need their memories refreshed, and pardon me for butting-in but besides the desire to create a forum where to discuss various woodwind instruments (as opposed to strickly saxophones) and possibly other reasons which I'm unaware of, there is...
  15. kcp

New Year's Musical Resolutions

2008 wasn't a very good year for me because one of the two sax quartet I played in broke up. However the other quartet has improved and is doing well - We have for project to record a small demo and this time unlike the other quartet, it looks like it's not just talking about doing a demo; it...
  16. kcp

whos from sotw?

Trust me; I'm talking from experience ;) Oh yeah, that's right. That's even better. Very good :D
  17. kcp

Sight Read This...

So when are you posting your mp3 sample of it, Jim? Can't wait to hear you ;)
  18. kcp

whos from sotw?

Oh-ho! a female mod. Excelllent! :D That should keep Pete, Ed and Jim in line ;)
  19. kcp

How often do you clean your mouthpiece?

I rinse my mpc under tap water nearly after every use, that is if I don't forget. I used not to do that often but with my Runyon I don't really have the choice since one can see the gunk build-up inside (eww!) There's also gunk that tends to get stuck on the spoiler's wedge and I don't like...
  20. kcp

whos from sotw?

I'm late to the party (as usual) but don't need an introdiction I suppose. I don't take enough breaks from SOTW; That is why I don't post here often :( So, anyway... Happy New Year to all WF friends :D
Back
Top Bottom