Search results

1. robertsax

New Buffet Custom Bb Clarinet with D# Lever

I realize this is an old thread, but FYI, the sale price is now $799. Very nice.
  2. robertsax

Spam attack!

Spam attack I just got an online pharmacy type spam message in my PM inbox from bevaageta. You are welcome to check my inbox for verification. I have added bevaageta to my ignore list.
  3. robertsax

100 saxophones

After a quick Google search I came up with: Generation Next - large saxophone ensemble Premiered by the Grand Ensemble de 100 Saxophones d’Ile de France under Jean-Louis Delage Sunday, February 1 2009 - 4 PM Eglise Saint-Merri de Paris 76 rue de la verrerie, M°hôtel de ville ou châtelet...
  4. robertsax

Daily Exercises

My quasi-daily exercise consists of trying to get a consistent tone out of that pipe, i.e., a long tone that remains at the same pitch beginning to end. If any success at that is achieved I move on to the painful, if not pitiful, attempt to play up an octave. When that fails, I put it away...
  5. robertsax

Improvised music in a Coffee Shop

Got any more like this coming up? I'm sorry I missed the 7/8 gig, but didn't see your post until a couple of days ago. An acquaintance of mine was playing on Saturday mornings at a donut place near Van Nuys somewhere, if you can believe it. I stopped by one of those mornings to deliver a...
  6. robertsax

Huntington Beach, CA Golden West Pops

Please see our "schedule" page at http://www.gwpops.com for the latest gig schedule. Next month: 2 August - Orange County Fair - 10:00 AM 23 August - Tustin Car Show - 1:00 PMish.
  7. robertsax

4th of July gigs

A bit tardy with this, but: I played with the Golden West Pops at the Huntington Beach (Surf City), CA pier on the 4th. We're a 40 piece (+ or -) wind ensemble and our stage was a converted flat bed trailer with an overhang. Getting on and off that stage had to be a very orderly process or...
  8. robertsax

Too old to play gigs

I LOL'd at a few of these. They hit too close to home.
  9. robertsax

Daily Exercises

I know I'm getting into this late, but it's timely for me. I'm just getting back to learning flute as a doubler and this time I have an excellent teacher who is a retired Marine band conductor. Bill is doing a fine job of teaching this old dog new tricks, but I'm always open to additional...
  10. robertsax

To all of you who answer to 'Daddy'...

Thank you, Tammi. I also answer to "grand daddy" and "great-grand daddy." Unfortunately, I spent Father's Day on the road between SoCal and Tucson, AZ, so was unable to be with any of my four adult children, nine grandchildren, or four great-grandchildren. We communicated by email, though, so...
  11. robertsax

Through the ranks

I was so thrilled about being asked to switch from 1st alto to tenor in a concert band, and not because there were no swingers in the tenor group, that I left and never came back.
  12. robertsax

Honk if you love screws...

It was my first time to play bari with a local big band after several rehearsal sessions at second alto and I thought it was going well until the B key (LH-1) started feeling loose and the notes were getting stuffy. Long story short, I found the post screw loose and it was in a hard to reach...
  13. robertsax

The Community Band List (US)

Not really sure why, but it was good to see the one community band I participate with on the list, the Golden West Pops in Huntington Beach, CA. I'm principal sax player in the group, a big fish in a small pond. I'm also their webmaster, but I don't do floors or windows.
  14. robertsax

Cypress College Jazz Ensemble Concert - Calif.

Program: Peter Gunn........Mancini/arr. Lewis I've Got a Crush on You........Gershwin/arr. Barduhn (bone solo) Cutting Edge........Comp/arr. Beach Cry Me a River........Hamilton/arr. Nowak (vocal) Big Swing Face.........Comp./arr.Potts Ask Me Now.........Monk/arr. Yasinitsky (tenor...
  15. robertsax

Cypress College Jazz Ensemble Concert - Calif.

Cypress College Jazz Ensemble Cypress, CA End-of-Semester Concert Sunday May 3, 2009, 4:00 PM Cypress College Theater Arts Building Studio Theater $6 adults $4 students parking free Rob - aka "robertsax"
  16. robertsax

Helen

And French. I was Gassing over her Pierret alto before she came to her senses and decided to pull it off the market. With about 20 saxes in her collection, there must be something for everyone. ;-)
  17. robertsax

Helen

Don't know where else to post my gratitude and appreciation for the time and effort Helen spent giving me a hand posting photos to a woodwinds.com album. In the process I learned about her extensive sax collection and discovered her very interesting and informative Web site and blog. As I'm...
  18. robertsax

No horn playing for me this weekend

I know somewhat how you feel. I had cataract surgery in my right eye last Monday morning and was advised not to play sax for the next week and a half. I had to get substitutes for five groups during that period. Bummer! I know you're looking forward to getting back to your music, as I am...
  19. robertsax

Weltklang: Pretty

I managed to post 19 photos in a new Woodwinds Forum album called http://www.woodwindforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=38. Rob
  20. robertsax

Weltklang: Pretty

Weltklang Artist Tenor Photos Those interested may go here to view the photos. Comments welcome. Rob
Back
Top Bottom