Search results

1. Bassoonist

What's your Oboe setup?

Oh? I love the sound of the English horn. My only experience playing one is once getting to play my teacher's. Although I loved the fact that I was playing it, I do remember it being rather uncomfortable.
  2. Bassoonist

What's your Oboe setup?

Hope it's okay to bump up this seven year old topic. Up until recently I was playing on a Buffet 4012. It was a decent instrument that I got used for a nice price when I didn't yet play the oboe. However, it lacks the low B-Flat key, any trill keys, third octave key (which was okay), and also...
  3. Bassoonist

Keep the inside of your instrument clean - Lung Disease problems

Oh my gosh, playing the french horn would be a nightmare. That thing is...crazy. Like crazier than the inside of a rackett! Recently I picked up the oboe, and will now be playing that for college (instead of the bassoon, yes... Sad in a way, but a lot happened) and I'm actually relieved at how...
  4. Bassoonist

What are your doubles?

Contrast to the amount of woodwinds I own, I'm really not doing so well in the doubling department compared to the rest of you! Lol I've doubled on: Bassoon Contrabassoon Pretty standard... Although right now I'm learning the oboe, and hope to join the community band, which I'd play with...
  5. All of my woodwinds together.

All of my woodwinds together.

6. My bassoon and tenor saxophone together.

My bassoon and tenor saxophone together.

7. My Tenor Saxophone.

Yamaha YTS-475

Got for marching.

My Tenor Saxophone. Yamaha YTS-475 Got for marching.

8. Flute and Clarinet

Flute and Clarinet

9. Bassoonist

What is your Clarinet setup ?

I have an plastic Accent clarinet. I don't know much about the brand, my mom got it for me back in early 2005 when I really wanted to play the clarinet. No matter what quality of brand and model it is, it does all it needs to do for my casual clarinet playing, since I don't play it in any...
  10. Bassoonist

Your favourite works for band?

Out of all of the pieces I've ever played these three have been my favorite, I hope they all count: God of Our Fathers Sun Dance Malaguena The last two I'm playing in my community college band right now. I also played Sun Dance in high school, but it was on trumpet so it doesn't count. lol...
  11. Bassoonist

What's your listening medium of choice?

I have a few MP3 players, but my main one and the only one I bought is my 30GB iPod. I had smaller MP3 players, two of which my sister gave me. One I lost, the other I used for a while. It was only 256 MB, though. The neat thing about it was that it had radio so I mainly used it to listen to...
  12. Bassoonist

Bassoon setups

Why have I not seen this topic? lol. I own a Fox Renard 222 with a High D Key. I am very happy that it is mine and not one I'm renting out. My grandparents were so awesome to buy it for me, and I have loved the bassoon every since... Well I loved it for a few years before, but I loved playing...
  13. Bassoonist

Best Buy will now sell instruments

I saw an alto saxophone for sell on their site back in the winter, but I don't know that it'd be a good one to buy, so I'll stick with the brand names.
  14. Bassoonist

Your all time favorite instrument?

I love my Fox Renard 222 bassoon. It's the only bassoon I've had... so yeah. Also it's the only instrument I've ever enjoyed playing. I'm never going to give it up.
  15. Bassoonist

Describe your practice space

I have a chair in my room with a stand in front of it. That is what I do... Although usually I take the stand in the living room and practice in there instead. My room is too hot, and the space is too cramped, my room is messy, and it drives me insane.
  16. Bassoonist

Where do you buy your reeds?

From a local music store. Apparently, I'm not going to be so lucky for long because the reed company went out of business or something. (that's what my teacher told me anyways.) I'll probably start buying them online, or attempt making them myself (apparently I won't get very many good reeds...
  17. Bassoonist

What other hobbies do you have

Take another? :shock: I suppose I could attempt to. By the way, I can't have my old signature because
  18. Bassoonist

What other hobbies do you have

That would work, but I read the rules, and the picture that I took has copyrighted music in it, so that won't work.
  19. Bassoonist

whos from sotw?

Oh yeah, I have an account there called "MusicisLife", but like here I don't post that often. I haven't posted there in a long time... Mainly because I have no working saxophone to play at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom