Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. Leblanc Bliss

Just a quick thank you for your replies. I had tried posting a more detailed reply on several occasions using my mobile phone, but this forum isn't really designed for mobiles and my laptop is currently unavailable. I haven't yet bought a clarinet, but the Bliss is the one that keeps coming to...
  2. Leblanc Bliss

��No, I didn't switch the mouthpieces. I just used the 4C with the Yamaha and the hard rubber Leblanc thing that was in the case for the Bliss. I ought to have swapped them, and I might well pop in again and do just that. I went toto the shop (one of a Canadian chain called Long and McQuade)...
  3. Leblanc Bliss

Thought I might resurrect this thread. I have been thinking of buying a clarinet, just for my own gratification. I have no plans to perform, or anything like that. I have a saxophone, but have never played the clarinet for more than a few minutes. I don't want to spend too much, and wouldn't...
  4. My first evening of practice...

Thanks again. Should the unthinkable happen, is it possible to fashion a kazoo with the lonely neck and some tissue paper...? ;-)
  5. My first evening of practice...

On its stand ready to play except the reed, which is in the plastic sleeve that the reed came in, I mean. And taken apart and cleaned before being put back together again.
  6. My first evening of practice...

Thanks again. I have no idea what I meant by 'deems electrolyte', but perhaps 'some people'. In any case, I shall not use anything powdered. I have kept the saxophone on its stand, ready to be played, for the last couple of days. I assume that won't do it any harm to leave it out, assuming no...
  7. My first evening of practice...

Actually, whilst I think of it, should I dry off the pads each time I play with cleaning papers? I have the unpowdered version, as it deems electrolyte say the powdered ones can be harmful.
  8. My first evening of practice...

Thank you. I won't usually be in a position to put in that much practice every day, but I certsinly intend to play as much as I can and to get as good as I can. The sax is an alto. I am grateful that the end curves upwards and therefore catches much of the moisture, bit I was a little surprised...
  9. My first evening of practice...

This evening was the first evening that I have been able to dedicate a goid chunk if time. to practising my saxophone. Prior commitments and feeling unwell had got in the way since I got it a few days ago. The first few minutes were very squeaky. Sometimes I hit the right note but out came...
  10. How can a beginner tell if a saxophone is in good shape?

I haven't got as far as any Bb yet! Not deliberately, anyway. But I'll be sure to bear in mind that there are different ways to play many of the notes... :-)
  11. How can a beginner tell if a saxophone is in good shape?

I think in my case it's just that I'm an old man.trying to learn new tricks (licks?). I am getting a bit better at getting a slightly more steady sound out if it since I first tried yesterday, so I'm not feeling too discouraged just yet. But I still hope to have at least a few lessons to set...
  12. What is your alto setup?

I have a cheap Chinese saxophone branded Allora, witch Hite Premiere mouthpiece, a Rovner dark ligature, and Vandoren 2.0 reeds, and I am currently able to use it to make noises that frighten our cats and, probably, cause unnecessary suffering to our neighbours.
  13. How can a beginner tell if a saxophone is in good shape?

That's better than me - I am finding it difficult to play badly... :-(
  14. How can a beginner tell if a saxophone is in good shape?

The saxophone has arrived! I asked in my local music shop about getting it looked over - especially as the Bb key was sticky, but was told that they don't do repairs on cheapo Chinese instruments, as they always give a warranty on repairs and some of the cheaper instruments go wrong so often...
  15. How can a beginner tell if a saxophone is in good shape?

Many thanks. That's a good suggestion to take it to the local music shop. I gather that one of the main people there is a saxophonist, so I might try to have a word with him when I pop in to get some reeds - probably Vandoren blue box and 2 or 2.5 strength. Thanks for the link. I had seen...
  16. How can a beginner tell if a saxophone is in good shape?

I have recently bought online a very cheap alto sax from music123. It's an Allora student model, so I know it's not going to be quite as good as your Selmer Paris horns and do on, but perhaps one day... The saxophone hasn't yet arrived, but when:bar: it does I will want to check.it over to...
Back
Top Bottom