Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. Clarinet Institute - Free Sheet Music

I've seen IMSLP and the clarinet institute, they're both great resources. IMSLP is supposed to be all copywrited out and Clarinet Institute is supposed to be played in places where nobody will care, from what I've been lead to believe. I never researched any of the information, I trust my...
  2. Look what followed me home

It looks kewl :P
  3. Leblanc Bliss

That's really good to hear, I'm not sure which one I played on, but I remember I liked it. I saw an LB210 online a while ago for 600$ (Which seemed like a really good price) But was hesitant to buy it since I hadn't heard anything about them, nor had the seller responded to my emails. Thanks...
  4. What is your Clarinet setup ?

I play a Yamaha 250 Clarinet with a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece, a leathery (Is that a Rovner?) ligature and Vandoren V12 3.5s I usually do ensemble playing, I don't have solos all that often, and I've been playing this mouthpiece and horn for 7 years, so I've figured out how to make it sound good.
  5. Recommendations for inexpensive wood clarinet

I've seen some of the Leblanc Bliss models going for $600 used online, not sure of their condition, but I thought they were cool and I don't want a plastic horn anymore so I was looking at them. It looks like a pretty decent line of clarinets, I got to play on one for a little bit at the FMEA...
  6. Finding a good reed in that box

I usually pull a reed out of the box and just see what happens. I very rarely find a reed that doesn't respond decently, and Sometimes I find one that just makes my heart happy. I like to mark the happy ones, and if I find a bad one I put it away for a few months and come back to it, sometimes...
  7. Equipment List

I wouldn't use it, most of my equipment choice is "It was there, so I used it." I just want to play good, and help other people play good too!
  8. Equipment suggestions for improving intonation

I've never used tuning rings, and actually didn't know what they were until I started reading this thread. I don't hear any change in my tone quality when I pull out on my horn, so I thought the only change was the intonation. Given my circumstances, using tuning rings would probably inhibit me...
  9. Possible Solution for Right Thumb Pain

I read in a book that alot of thumb rest issues come from the body not being stable, it suggested putting a mouthpiece patch on your clarinet under the thumb rest on the body to try and give more stability to your horn from your thumb. I've been doing that about two months now, and I like it...
  10. Mouthpieces for Beginners

I'm using a 4C right now, it's what I've always had and I'm just now getting into looking at new mouthpieces. Do you know what Vandoren mouthpiece it is a copy of? I get a really warm sound on mine but I can't put all my air through it and I almost have to articulate early to be in time, which...
  11. V12's !!!

I've been using V-12s for about a year now. I got to borrow one from a friend one day and afterward I said "I don't ever want to see a blue box again" They are wonderful, I feel that I can blow more freely through them, and I felt like my sound became fuller when I switched. granted, I am using...
  12. Leblanc Bliss

Hey, I didn't see anything about the Leblanc Bliss clarinet, which is something that I've seen around the net and looks pretty neat. Has anybody tried one? I got an opportunity to play one at the Florida All State convention and meet with Julian Bliss, the inspiration behind them. It was really...
  13. Lakeland Concert Band Show!

The Lakeland Concert Band has a show on December 11th, pre-show at 1:30 with the band on at 2, it's in Lakeland Florida, Here's a website link in case I'm hard to understand. http://lakelandconcertband.com/shows I hope somebody shows up! -Prayer Warrior Aaron Adams
  14. WF New People Introductions

Clarinet Player Introduction Hello forum, My name is Aaron Adams. I play the clarinet. I've been playing for over seven years, starting in the sixth grade. I am currently a Freshman at Warner University studying Music Ministry. I've been reading this forum as a non-member for about a week...
Back
Top Bottom