Search results

1. dubrosa22

Dumpster Diving For Saxophones

You' ve done an amazing job! I love the slideshow gallery - fascinating progression :shock:
  2. dubrosa22

Where does cork come from

Thanks for that post - really interesting :) I didn't know people made handbags and belts out of cork! Vivre la cork!!!
  3. dubrosa22

442 mpc on a 440 horn?

Wow, thanks for that revelation Tictactux! It all makes sense now. So why do so many people think it's the other way around? :confused:
  4. dubrosa22

442 mpc on a 440 horn?

Thanks clarnibass, I was thinking along those lines - since the series 13 seem to be relatively new. As a sax player with tons of different mouthpieces, each with differing shank lengths, I was surprised to hear that there were specific 442 tuned clarinet mouthpieces. I'll just see how it...
  5. dubrosa22

442 mpc on a 440 horn?

I just bought a really cheap Vandoren 5RV Lyre mouthpiece that I didn't realise until now most likely isn't a 'Series 13' (A=440). Will using this A=442 5RV Lyre on my Yamaha 34 be a really stupid thing to do? Will I be way too sharp? I've only been playing clarinet for a few weeks now but...
  6. dubrosa22

Buescher Tipped Bell Bb Soprano

Archive.org's Wayback Machine archives websites. Some site they have the past 15 years archived and available (except for downloads).http://wayback.archive.org/web/Unfortunately, they don't have a snapshot of junkdude's website for 2009. Only 2007 and 2010.
  7. dubrosa22

Adult beginner books?

Thanks SOTSDO very sage advice. I'd always wondered the differences between Boehm and Albert. I plan to dabble,mostly but also put in the time for long tones and arpeggios. :)
  8. dubrosa22

Adult beginner books?

tictactux: Thanks for this suggestion. I have the Westall saxophone book and it made an excellent adult beginner book I thought and have recommended it for any new adult sax player - I'll definitely hunt around for the clarinet version. jbtsax & saxhound: Again I have the sax versions of the...
  9. dubrosa22

Adult beginner books?

I've been playing alto sax for around 2 years and I've come into possession of a fine Yamaha 34II which is currently awaiting my pickup from a friend's in few weeks (and probably a little tune up by my tech). Besides obviously learning the fingering and a new embouchure - can anyone recommend a...
  10. dubrosa22

Modernized vintage

The SML looks awesome - and the selling price was awesome too - but it's not my cup of tea.
Back
Top Bottom