Search results

1. a mk VI, a few tweaks and it's as good as ....

NOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
  2. So, She really can sing, who knew?

Does anyone else think Tony's the one selling out? I mean, if you were to find the person most qualified to sing a crooner style duet with Tony, I don't think Lady Gaga would be high at the top of the list of likely candidates. There are many hard working amature singers that a highly studied...
  3. Tablets, Tablets, Tablets

My Macbook pro died last year, and since I'm on musician salary, I bought a Koby Kyros (7024 I believe is the Model). In two words, it's garbage. It's running Android 2.1 (Froyo I believe), and Android is not past 3.0 I believe, so the apps haven't updated in ever. I can't get android...
  4. Gemeinhardt 50 Series flutes?

I found this info on Gemeinhardt headjoints: http://www.gemeinhardt.com/catalogpage.asp?mode=PRODUCT&productid=65 I can think of two reasons why you'd ask this question: 1. You are interested in a new flute, and Gemeinhardt is something you are interested in. 2. Someone is...
  5. Clarinet Institute - Free Sheet Music

Wow! What a resource! Something I've used for a while has been: www.free-scores.com Which has music for all instruments for free, but sometimes doesn't give you what you are looking for. Good to add to the arsenal.
  6. "New To You" music

How do you find new artists/albums to listen to? Blindly picking up cds as stores or flea markets, friend recommendations, itunes, downloads, internet? They don't have to be new artists (I.e.-they can be from 1920), but the music would be new to your ears. Because our music isn't pop, I...
  7. Quote That Made Me Laugh

From Trevor Wye and Patricia Morris', "A Piccolo Practice Book": "It is unwise to start off your day on the piccolo like a demented banshee. Do some flute practice first to warm the lips."
  8. H. Klose, big disappointment

Yes, the sax exercises. I don't know how, but I temporarily forgot about the method book for clarinet.
  9. Trevor Wye's Practice Book for the Piccolo

It's funny that this thread is here. I just borrowed "A Piccolo Practice Book" from the library here in Philadelphia (yes, our library is awesome!). Anyhow, I was looking for places to purchase this book to own, and lo and behold, this post comes up. Anyhow, this is day two with the book, and...
  10. H. Klose, big disappointment

So on all the woodwinds I play, I'm going back to basics. With my "adult" understanding of music, I have reopened the H. Klose book, and I must say, I'm greatly disappointed with the writing. I've edited the first 4 etudes from this book, and I find the writing lacks musicality. I cannot...
  11. the Click Barrel

I got really lucky that all those barrels fit in my case in the same space as a box of reeds. So they're fine. Unfortunately my selmer reed case with the glass inside doesn't fit in the case cause it's too tall, so I leave an extra box of reeds in the clarinet case just in case.
  12. the Click Barrel

Sorry unfortunately no. So I have 3 Fobes barrels 64mm 65mm and 66mm and the tenon ring things as well which are .5 mm. A little advert for Fobes, because I like his products and want him to stay in business. I think they sweetened my throat tones, pinky tones, and highs. A lot of people...
  13. the Click Barrel

I'm of the opinion that if you like the tone of it, it's a great investment, and well worth the money for one, especially if you perform with many different groups. I prefer Clark Fobes brand material, and while I've never tried a click barrel, I fell in love with the Fobes barrel when I first...
  14. New Discovery - The Saxophone Is Conical

Because I'm not a tech, I've been trying to figure out why there would be a difference working on a conical or cylindrical tenon. But I guess if you stretch or shrink a conical tenon, then you'd change the dimensions of the taper. Forgive me, I'm a bit slow. :)
  15. Stratford 2012!

Wow, NAV was my second ship! Is a Bulgarian piano player named George the MD? I did Mariner, Navigator, and Explorer. Are you in the Meditteranian?
  16. Do grenadilla piccolos crack?

With every wood instrument, it is important to oil the keywork once a month, and oil the bore twice a year. This will help maintain the instrument to it's highest performing level. Buffet does offer the R-13 and R-13 Greenline. I'm pretty sure this would be a fair comparison of different...
  17. Do grenadilla piccolos crack?

The problem with non-wood instruments are two things, tone and the number of makers that provide this as a feature. I've heard that material doesn't matter when it comes to producting a tone in a woodwind instrument. That being said, I would never play a metal piccolo in such an exposed...
  18. Am I the only crazy clarinetist with 5 barrels?

You are correct, my mistake. I don't currently play Eefer.
  19. 18 Exercises, T. Berbiguier

That makes a heap of sense. I don't do any recording right now, but I'm sure this will come to be something I'll focus on in the future.
  20. Do grenadilla piccolos crack?

I'm going to be bringing a new grenadilla piccolo on a gig in a cold pit in march. Do I need to worry about it cracking? I thought it might be too small to run the same risk a clarinet or oboe does, but maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone know of a story where one has cracked, or is it fairly...
Back
Top Bottom