Search results

1. "New" Selmer Paris K Series

Even with the previous, built up cork, it was wiggly. With this cork, it will literally fall off if you tip it over. I think that even with a new built-up cork it will start to wiggle with a bit of wear. Thank you for your measurements. I appreciate you taking the time to help. (I need better...
  2. "New" Selmer Paris K Series

I got it restored and it is wonderful. It probably deserves a better player than I am. My only issue is that now that it does not have a built up cork anymore, the Backun barrel does not fit. I tried all of my other barrels and only 1 will fit, a cheapo plastic one. The Backun is too big. The...
  3. "New" Selmer Paris K Series

Yes.
  4. "New" Selmer Paris K Series

I love getting new clarinets! I seem to only have unusual ones, and I like to know everything I can about them. The K Series is pretty hard to find much about. I have searched everything I can think of and have little idea of its real value or other tidbits. It is has a K3000 serial number. It...
  5. Mazzeo

Mine plays pretty well, but the throat tones are hideous. I have been playing it while #1 was being repaired.
  6. Rampone E Flat

Here are some photos of the naked top joint. It has extra holes that do not go all the was through to allow room for screw heads and the ends of some keys, like the octave. There are no needle springs. Notice the marks made by the person that made it to show where to gouge out a divet (?). There...
  7. Vito Claritone

When I search ebay for "Claritone", I get 1 clarinet, zit medicine, and a 1966 Playboy!?
  8. Vito Claritone

I called LeBlanc and was told rather rudely that the serial number wasn't correct. When I assured her it was, she said they didn't have a history department and she had no information. She also had no information on what the model number of a Clari-Tone is. Because they don't HAVE A HISTORY...
  9. Vito Claritone

I don't think I own anything precious. I just like to know stuff. :smile:
  10. Vito Claritone

Still doesn't help much. The serial number is 0905. No letter. All other serial numbers listed have a letter with 5 numbers. A poster on another forum said they pre-date the Reso-Tone and that his college marching band used red and white Clari-tones. He thought they may go back to the 60s. I...
  11. Vito Claritone

I have a white Vito Clari-Tone with gold keys. Does anyone know the model number or anything else about them? It is not a Dazzler, which is a Reso-tone.
  12. Rampone E Flat

Wow! Thanks!
  13. Rampone E Flat

Is it possible that Albert is called Mueller in Italy? I am confused, too. I've had people say it is Albert, simple, Mueller, and Albert with some keys different than usual.
  14. Rampone E Flat

Oh, yes. The mouthpiece is especially bad. I have cleaned and repadded other wooden clarinets, but they were "normal" and the wood wasn't this dry. This one has sat for so long that the corks have fused to the tenons and such. I just want to make sure I have researched and asked all the...
  15. Rampone E Flat

It is LP. I don't plan on selling it. It is just for fun. I'll fix it up myself and have my very own special dog whistle.
  16. Rampone E Flat

Here's more.
  17. Rampone E Flat

I just got this and haven't been able to find anything other than Rampone merged with Cazzani in about 1930. Any comments and info would be appreciated. I will post any other pictures that would help, too. It has been stored together and I still haven't gotten the mouthpiece (original wood) and...
  18. Mazzeo

I have never tried any of the Mazzeo fingerings, but the parts are all there. It plays quite nicely except for the throat (?) A. It is so flat that I either rest or play another note. It's not #1 clarinet, but #1 is in the shop. I don't play it enough to justify the expense to fix it, if it's...
  19. Mazzeo

I am just curious. How many of us have a Mazzeo in working order? I have a Selmer 100 Special.
  20. Jean Marbeau?

I ave had 2 Jean Marbeaus. Jean Marbeau was a music store in Paris. Both clarinets that I have had had the wrap-around key, but had different makers. At least, I assume so as they looked so different. The first one I got is wonderful. It is reviewed on clarinet pages. It may be a Couesnon. It is...
Back
Top Bottom