Search results

1. CellarDweller

NAMM show 2010!

Do you have to prove that you are part of the retail industry to attend NAMM or can anyone obtain admission? I had heard that some credentials were required, at least at one time.
  2. CellarDweller

Very nice silver Beuscher 400 TH&C

That link is a bit general.
  3. CellarDweller

Straight baritone

Hmmm...maybe a contrabass, then.
  4. CellarDweller

Contrabass Sax Quartet

Agreed. And, looking at the picture again, maybe that cell phone company would put the quartet on one its "four bars" commercials.
  5. CellarDweller

Straight baritone

The straight saxes are cool looking, but I keep thinking that a bass sax curved into a sousaphone or helicon shape would have some real practical applications. I'm sure the engineering would be difficult--curved rods obviously would not work, so the mechanism would have to be reconceptualized...
  6. CellarDweller

Inventory of Bari Players & Their Horns

1930's Conn 12M (silver) with a Morgan vintage mouthpiece. Horn and mouthpiece purchased from Junkdude in Columbus. Taking delivery in late March or early April on a used Dolnet Low A from a private seller in California. Compared to the bass, the bari always feels like a toy. I think the Dolnet...
  7. CellarDweller

Contrabass Sax Quartet

Sensational--and very musical! And, the visuals are fun, too. Great picture.
  8. CellarDweller

I'm a bass owner again.

My bass has neither a fie key or a bis key. It has been known to inspire a whis key. Actually, the schlep factor has never seemed extreme to me, having come from a tuba/bass background. At 15 pounds plus case (which is usually a gigbag now) it does not rival either instrument for the "moving...
  9. CellarDweller

I'm a bass owner again.

Selmer New York Prior to buying Randy's excellent Conn stencil (Wurlitzer) bass, I borrowed a Selmer New York exactly like this, except bare brass. It was a great horn, with an almost frightenly centered sound. The owner has meticulously maintained it since he bought many years ago from a...
Back
Top Bottom