Search results

1. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

I’m chil, Don’t mind the contrabass pics or thanking each other, it’s not about that…….. This is the whole point, I’m not talking value wise, I never did! It’s about at least a dozen german brands that are being generalized ( certainly not only by you ) just because, visually...
  2. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

It looks like no further comment about the FXH contrabass is coming anymore? I'd like to respond on some of the above replys now, wherein pre-WWII german brands are clearly being generalized: And compared with post-WWII mass production instruments who were built during the communist regimes...
  3. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

I found another picture of the FXH contra bass saxophone which shows it has a single tone hole at the bow.
  4. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

Both bass and contra are not engraved but only have a yellow and red sticker which says ''World'', i don't know why? I do have copys of a FXH cataloque ( split bell key era ), this one shows all their models from soprano to contra bass. Here the bari, bass and contra has single tone holes on the...
  5. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

Here's one more, a FXH contra bass saxophone next to a modern one.
  6. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

I am the owner of this extraordinary F.X. Hüller too. It's not only a very fancy horn, intonation, ergonomics and sound are absolutely superb. it's one of the best pre-WWII saxophones i've ever played! More info about FXH on my website: http://www.fxhuller.com
  7. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

I am the owner of the ''REM SUPER DES'' alto. It sounds just as good as it looks, a sound you won't find in any modern horn, intonation's good too but the ergonomics are not something to write home about.
  8. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

Here's a F.X. Hüller soprano with a micro tuner, it's got rolled tone holes and a naked lady engraving too. Unfortunately this is the only picture i could find of this particular soprano.
  9. rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings by Conn?

Hi to you all, I believe it's being generally assumed that rolled tone holes, micro tuners and naked lady engravings are a Conn thing? But how confident is this story actually? A lot of pre-war German saxophone brands that were operating in the Musikwinkel area, started to built saxophones in...
  10. LeBlanc low C bass clarinet

Hi, Thank you all for your advice and comments. You made it quite clear to me: as a starter i'm better of with a low Eb bass clarinet but Leblanc may have mechanism issues? I now got my eye on a Selmer, which is generally overhauled and in very good condition. According to the serial number...
  11. LeBlanc low C bass clarinet

Hi to you all, I'm a saxophone player for many years and i'm intending to buy a bass clarinet. I've been told Selmer bass clarinets are the best saxophone doublers, but unfortunately they are very exspensive! I came across a Leblanc 330 low C bass clarinet, fully restored, the asking price is...
  12. F.X. Hüller website

Hi, I want you ( Germanic saxophone enthusiast and everybody else who's interested ) all to know that i releases my F.X. Hüller website. You will find it at http://www.fxhuller.com I am not a very active member, in fact this is my first thread, but i'm a regular visitor of these Germanic...
Back
Top Bottom