Search results

1. snakeman5001

Post your pit setups

Yeah it wasn't much. I had enough space for the instruments, stands, and my flute and clarinet case; the bass clarinet was outside the orchestra pit up against the wall. Thankfully, I was given a locker in the men's dressing room to keep the instruments. I had a very low ceiling though so I...
  2. snakeman5001

Post your pit setups

A Much Better Pit Setup It's Blake again. I just would like to post my Beauty and the Beast setup again now that I have a bass clarinet stand (I'm borrowing it from one of the band directors in the school district who is also my clarinet instructor). If you're wondering what kind of stand it...
  3. snakeman5001

Post your pit setups

Beauty and the Beast Hello, everyone. I know it's been a while since I've been on here. I got my first pit orchestra gig in three years. I'm playing Beauty and the Beast for a theatre company called the Rising Star Theatre Company, a local community theatre in Dubuque. I'm playing Reed 3 for...
  4. snakeman5001

Les Miz pit advice

I would love to play in a full pit! Yeah, it probably might not happen in my case but it would be great! I would love to do Hairspray in a full pit. I'm starting to think though that Les Miz might not be a good choice for a summer musical.
  5. snakeman5001

Les Miz pit advice

I don't recall there being a tenor sax part, unless you meant the clarinet is meant to played "sleazy" on "Master of the House". I mean, there was an alto sax part in the original Les Miz pit, but no sax in the current version.
  6. snakeman5001

Les Miz pit advice

Okay. What's the song "Black Coffee" from?
  7. snakeman5001

Les Miz pit advice

I do play the flute, but my forte is the clarinet but you never know. And do you mean play alto flute or alto recorder in a "sleazy" manner? And what do you exactly mean by "sleazy"?
  8. snakeman5001

Les Miz pit advice

Wow. It's been a while since I last posted here, but I feel this is a wise topic to touch on and it's a great conversation starter. You see, my community theater back in my hometown of Waterloo, Iowa (I'm in Dubuque, Iowa for college) is planning on doing Les Miserables for their summer show...
  9. snakeman5001

Please tell me about wooden clarinets.

Wooden clarinets used to be the only clarinet around. Whether it was a 6th grader learning the clarinet or clarinetist in the New York Philharmonic, they had wooden clarinets. For one reason or another, they now have plastic clarinets. They are more garnered towards the students while...
  10. snakeman5001

1924 Buescher / 1954 Selmer sax & 1956 Conn factory videos

The screw completely broke off. It popped off and it fell out. And even when my band director and I attempted to screw it back in, nothing worked
  11. snakeman5001

1924 Buescher / 1954 Selmer sax & 1956 Conn factory videos

This is on topic for a Buescher sax but off-topic for a sax factory video but I am using a Buescher tenor sax as a replacement for my Yamaha tenor sax. The screw on the Yamaha that puts the neck together with the instrument snapped completely off. I can't use the Yamaha neck on the Buescher...
  12. snakeman5001

Your dream arrangement

If you could pick a song and arrange it to your personal liking, what would it be and how would you arrange it? It can be any song and it can be any arrangement whether it's your own arrangement or a well-known arrangement like big band arrangement or concert band arrangement. For just this...
  13. snakeman5001

Post your pit setups

Just judging from all those mics. The only time I've seen mics in pit is when the orchestra is backstage and they're mic'ed so they can be heard.
  14. snakeman5001

Post your pit setups

Judging from the microphones in the picture, you guys were backstage. Is that right?
  15. snakeman5001

Post your pit setups

Gold and shiny saxes galore. Glistening in the light. I also just noticed that the woodwind setup is setup like a jazz band. Well, sort of. And where was the orchestra?
  16. snakeman5001

Signed on to flute and oboe lessons (and some serious goals)

All right, an update on the oboe. The Conn oboe I had gotten didn't actually work, so I got a new oboe. This time it's a Selmer USA oboe with serial number B44284. I still have to get a beginner's reed but hey! I got an oboe that works!
  17. snakeman5001

What types of reeds do you use?

What is that? It looks like they're reeds to a mini oboe and something else...
  18. snakeman5001

What types of reeds do you use?

What type of reeds do you guys use for your instruments? Do you use the same brand for all? Or a different brand for each instrument? It'd be cool to know. For me, I'm currently using Vandoren V-12 (strength 3) reeds for my clarinet, and the reeds I used before were Rico reeds of various...
  19. snakeman5001

Well, I finally got my oboe. And wow is it something. From what I see on the oboe it was made by a company known as Conn. I've seen this name a few times, but not so much. The serial number is P205. I have no reeds either but my band director emailed my oboe instructor about the lack of reeds...
  20. snakeman5001

Well I can say it works and sounds WAY better than the the POS Selmer Bundy flute I tried to use over the summer
Back
Top Bottom