Search results

1. Pete's Book Project

Put me down for one! I've been wondering what to do with my big Social Security raise ...
  2. For teachers: what's your load?

Back in the last century, when I was actively professoring for a living (at a "comprehensive" state university), our load in the social sciences averaged some 12 hours per semester. Specific courses ranged from Freshman through Graduate level, dependent both on established curriculum as well as...
  3. Is It Really A Vintage? What Is Vintage Anyway?

This is a toughy... but I think the problem of defining 'vintage' may be similar to that of defining 'historic' When I, in a former life, was involved with historic preservation the question most often put to us was 'what makes something historic?' The answer is, according to federal regs...
  4. Xaphoon aka the bamboo sax

They're great for recycling old tenor reeds!
  5. Orsi & Weir Clarinets

Thanks for pointing to the article! I spoke to John on the 'phone a few years back (when I bought an Orsi curved sopranino from him) and found him most helpful, knowledgable and easy to deal with. It was nice to read a bit on his current activitites and to see his picture ? and a handsome...
  6. Eppelsheim Soprillo or Piccolo Sax

Gandalfe, You may be able to take the boy out of Edina (and Mankato State) but apparently something of the Minnesota 'weirdness' remains even out there on the upper left hand side of the country ;) ... I've been enjoying my soprillo (serial number 90) for a couple of years now ? the...
  7. WF New People Introductions

For those of you enjoy faces, especially you youngsters, I just thought I'd throw in my old face to show you what 30+ years of college teaching and/or dissipation can do a person (please don't begrudge an old man a little sax :roll: ) ... My name's Dick Lane. I retired from active professoring...
Back
Top Bottom