Search results

1. GKern

What are the chances?

An R13 of ABS Resin made in China? Can't wait to get this one! </sarcasm>
  2. GKern

Han Kim plays Czardas

Thanks SOTSDO - gave me a good chuckle...
  3. GKern

Setting Up Shop

Good luck, with that neat logo you can't miss!
  4. GKern

Missing Barrel Joint on Buescher USA Aristocrat

Pete - I have a 1937 Pan American hard rubber clarinet, obviously a student model. I use it when our Community Band plays outdoor concerts, and fitted with a Selmer Series 9 barrel, it has a wonderful sound.
  5. GKern

eBay Ad Mocking!

Paul Desmond might respond if he were still with us. One of the best Alto Sax players ever, IMHO. A while back, Benny Goodman's clarinet was on eBay - I wonder which one it was?
  6. GKern

Ligature Sizing

How do I get one? PM me if you like...
  7. GKern

Boy, it looks like I've really lucked out...

Thanks - I'll look for your picture next time I'm in the shop. And, the next time you see Marvin, ask him about the Orangutan in Viet Nam... hilarious! And if you are in St. Louis for a while, give me a holler and we'll have a cup of joe or a brewski?
  8. GKern

Boy, it looks like I've really lucked out...

Just curious about having the horn repaired at St. Louis Woodwind ad Brass - did you ship it to them? In my book, Marvin Kranz is among the best techs in the world, and a real pleasure to chat with. His brother is my section leader in a community band, and, in spite of being in the Buffet...
  9. GKern

Favorite Ligature and affects on tonal qualities

The lig that I like the resultant sound best is string. However, I don't have the patience to deal with it except when practicing at home, and I feel the Bois Classique ligature is the next best thing. And by far the quickest to put on or change.
  10. GKern

Jean Barre clarinet

Thanks for the thoughts, Pete. It is a LP, a Thibouville stencil, I think, and has a wonderful tone and great intonation (A=440). In fact, I feel it is a close second to my SML King Marigaux 355T in those respects. Talk about a fantastic clarinet - the King!
  11. GKern

Jean Barre clarinet

I have a Jean Barre, a wooden French clarinet, which is an absolutely beautiful player. Has anyone else on the forum had any experience with these?
Back
Top Bottom