Search results

1. George

Interchangeable Resonators

Cool idea, John! Have you made up a jig to set the depth of the magnet relative to the plane of the back of the reso? I imagine that you want the reso flush to the pad but not so far away that the magnet loses strength in its attraction. You could adjust the effective height of the magnet by...
  2. George

Please tell me about wooden clarinets.

The premise is that the instrument needs to slowly find its equilibrium moisture content. The fear is that if it changes too fast, the instrument may crack. This is also a concern if you buy a used clarinet that hasn't been maintained at proper humidity and has shrunk (check for loose rings at...
  3. George

Favorite Modern Tenors

Sure you do. ;) The mini-est of reviews is that I sold my Ref 36. :shock: The more verbose version follows: I'm afraid that my horn is not representative of an off-the-shelf Borg'. It was ordered without springs and pads then assembled and setup by Joe Artley with blue steel springs...
  4. George

Favorite Modern Tenors

At the risk of derailing this thread to get back on track... ;) My favorite modern tenors (that most people can find) are the Selmer Serie III and the Reference 36. They are different and will suit different needs but both are very comfortable, flexible, responsive, and (like it or leave it)...
  5. George

What is your tenor setup?

Borgani Jubilee (silverplate) Classical: Morgan 3C w/ Zentera reface (.088"), Francois Louis lig, Alexander DC 3 Jazz: Lamberson acetal L7 or Lamberson HR J8, Francois Louis lig, Alexander DC 2 1/2
Back
Top Bottom