Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. "For Sale" Discussion and Clarification

Re: WF's Plain and simple rules honestly, man. I mean nothing by it at all regarding what you do and have to offer. This is more about not letting history repeat itself than anything. I would like a way for you to offer the way you did without the whole thing turning into a mess because of...
  2. "For Sale" Discussion and Clarification

Re: WF's Plain and simple rules Fair enough. I respect the admin and ownership team as a group who has experience in these matters, I just didn't any formal language regarding this. We all know where it can lead and I trust you guys to do your best for the community.
  3. "For Sale" Discussion and Clarification

Great forum so far. Many of us have deep experience in the operation of internet forums. There is one aspect that I do not know if it has been outlined, regarding forum policy. Let me preface first that I have no objections whatsoever to the person being quoted or the practice of using forums...
  4. sticking to a change...

my main jazz tenor piece was an Link STM metal 5, JVW opened it up to about 8 and that brought the baffle up just a tad. I've worked it up to a 3 before but got comfortable there and stopped. I know I should be on a 9 to get the flexibility I want but it will be hard to part with that great...
  5. sticking to a change...

it's mostly going through the pain of stepping to a higher tip opening and a higher baffle. I want more flexibility and "cut on demand" while still being able to play soft and smooth as buttah. It's really about practice I guess. Go up in reed strength a couple times, switch to a larger tip...
  6. sticking to a change...

Anyone ever try to change mouthpieces but was either too busy gigging to readjust or simply didn't want to go through the effort of adjusting to the new piece that had the improvement you were looking for?
  7. Favorite Modern Tenors

This is a big deal. It has to do with every aspect of the horn. Mouthpiece/reed combo, position of mouthpiece on neck, neck tip openings, key heights, how you play your Bb. Everything. The only reason I notice it so strong is I go between a modern tenor (ref54) and an old alto ('38 6m). Without...
  8. Sidney Bechet

Anyone ever read Sidney's book "Treat it Gentle"?? I'm considering it.
  9. Kenny G discusses new record and new instrument line

for the record... This has been the most polite and sober discussion of Kenny G I have ever read.
  10. Kenny G discusses new record and new instrument line

I'm gonna do the same thing for the C-melody. I gonna make the C-melody an essential instrument in today's saxophoning. I'm going to do it by causing a huge resurgence in a much under-appreciated and maligned musical form... KLEZMER! Oy!
  11. the 54, don't malign the shine

the purpose of altering key heights is to reach that best compromise between a note "speaking" and having the intonation you are accustomed to at that note. This is important. Different model horns have different intonation tendencies across the range of the horn. For me, I was going from a...
  12. Kenny G discusses new record and new instrument line

Respectfully disagree. Grover Washington Jr. Kenny G is making the saxophone popular in Asia in a very big way. They do not have the sensibilities to accept much of the saxophone playing we like and were brought up with. They simply would not appreciate Coltrane or Turrentine and can only...
  13. My 6M-VIII vs Ref 54 vs PB(x2 maybe?)

over 30 years with a 6M-VIII and never a moment of GAS. I play jazz. NY STM metal link 5*, various reeds which don't matter much.
  14. the 54, don't malign the shine

I love my 54. It's true what they say about the neck. There is variation in the construction of the necks which is regrettable. It holds these horns back. The top part of the horn seems to be sensitive to not only neck tip opening but the mouthpiece position so if you want to use a mouthpiece...
  15. The Conn experience

here here... My 1938 6M viii (low pitch, thank god) has been in my possession for over 30 years. I have another alto but it never comes out as long as this Naked Lady functions. I use an old NY STM 5* and the tone can run from Desmond smooth to a laser sharpened Sanbornesque. I don't know what...
  16. Maceo Parker, Dallas

Maceo Parker Wednesday 27th February House of Blues DALLAS TX I hope I'm in town for this. 2% Jazz, 98% funky stuff.
  17. Anywhere to download accompaniment midis ??

http://www.kunstderfuge.com/ navigate to Mozart but you'll have to scroll down. All three movements to the clarinet concerto are there, just down the page. Revoice the midi tracks to your own taste and enjoy. If you have trouble, speak up, I'll get the files hosted for you.
  18. Music You MUST Hear

caught them in 2003 in Baltimore. I'd love to see a transcription of that run. Coffin is a NTU guy. I remember him from his lab band days. I've long regarded The flecktones as the most musically strong band. Look at Paul McCandless having fun. Remember him from Oregon?
  19. WF New People Introductions

real easy if everyone uses finale or something
  20. Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) and overcoming it

I just had a relapse of GAS. I had trouble finding places to practice sax while in Malaysia for 4 months so I'm taking up bass. I'm awaiting delivery of an Ashbory bass. (it's one of those fretless rubber band little things that sound just like an upright) So yeah, a little headphone amp and...
Back
Top Bottom