Search results

1. DaveKessler

Leblanc Bliss

This is an interesting thread. I have sold the Bliss clarinets since their inception. I have never once seen one of the composite models crack (and we have sold well over a hundred). The wood barrels can crack, the wood bodies can crack. The 75% figure though has me at a loss. Being in the...
  2. DaveKessler

Rico Metalites coming back in the next 12 months

Rico has now completed the entire Metalite re-release with the Alto finally being released back in July. We have them in stock as either just the mouthpiece or an even better value bundled with a Rico H-Ligature. Full listing with prices and measurements here...
  3. DaveKessler

I just ordered the new Kessler low C bass

Here is a picture of the new placement of the strap hook. I just finished uploading a new set of more detailed photos of the instrument than we had before as well. http://www.kesslermusic.com/KesslerCustomSax/bassclarinet/bassclarinet.html
  4. DaveKessler

I just ordered the new Kessler low C bass

Just wanted to update on one issue. We have had the factory reposition the strap hook on the bass. It is now centered on the body. We still use just the 1 hook hole above the thumb rest on the lower joint (just like Selmer Paris does) but at least now it is cenetered rather than to the left.
  5. DaveKessler

Professional Horns

This is a rather interesting discussion. The sad truth is that coming to a universal consensus on what REALLY qualifies as "professional" is about as difficult as me trying to grow hair! There is one true fact that I believe all CAN agree on though and it is this: There are only...
  6. DaveKessler

New Buffet Custom Bb Clarinet with D# Lever

True. I should probably update the site to properly refer to it as an Eb/Ab lever.
  7. DaveKessler

New Buffet Custom Bb Clarinet with D# Lever

Yes it is. However, please note that the $799 price does NOT include the pad upgrade mentioned in the original post. However, even with the upgrade, the package comes out cheaper than the original $995 price.
  8. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

Myself and other dealers have some speculation on this. However, I think that alot of it really has to do with a few key aspects: 1. What distributor would properly promote and price Keilwerth aggressively in the USA? Because of corporate buy outs, the US Distribution of true professional...
  9. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

I have the Silver Star tenor on hand. Great horn.
  10. DaveKessler

Yanagisawa F.A.Q.

http://www.kesslermusic.com/html/yanagisawa/901vs991.htm I have created this centralized page that answers a few of the most common questions I get asked on Yanagisawa. Thought it might be handy for these to be in a central spot. If I get other good questions, I will post them there as...
  11. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

Are you looking at altos? We havent played a CX90 at this point. In theory, only the tone color and response should be changed. The bore design is virtually identical and so the "Keilwerth Essence" of sound should be the same. The theory is that a solid copper horn would be darker in tonal...
  12. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

Helen, Let me know which horn is most appealing to you and I'll see if I can tempt you even more on it! ;)
  13. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

http://www.kesslermusic.com/html/sax/keilwerthnecks.html
  14. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

Steve, The stack on the modern altos and tenors are definitely off-set. I havent seen a Keilwerth soprano in quite some time so I cant answer that. Ergonomically, the layout of modern Keilwerths are great. Obviously there is personal preference to keep in mind but we all find the modern...
  15. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

Yes I can. I am awaiting an updated neck price list from Keilwerth.
  16. DaveKessler

Brands?

When shopping for flutes, be aware that the flute market is changing at a pace completely ahead of the rest of the industry. Many makers are putting more time into headjoint design and quality. There are flutes that we sell new at $600 that completely obliterate flutes more than double their...
  17. DaveKessler

Keilwerth Distribution

Keilwerth currently does not have a USA distributor. We love the horns so much that we are now dealing directly with Keilwerth in Germany. There are a lot of definite pros about this arrangement, namely price. We have been able to drop new Keilwerth prices by around 20% from previous levels...
  18. DaveKessler

Any comments on the copper CX-90 ?

I recently asked Keilwerth directly about the CX90. We now import direct from Keilwerth in Germany. Right now, they are not making the CX90 quoting that there was a problem with the relationship to the solid copper tubes and the tone hole manufacturing. They are actually having new tooling...
  19. DaveKessler

Kessler Custom to ship Internationally

One thing at a time... :)
  20. DaveKessler

Sticker Shock

Actually, yours was used as a display model for the 4 days of the NAMM trade show and that was it. As you can imagine, being mainly a dealer show, it likely didnt get much real "playing" but rather just "feeling" during those 4 days. Regardless, you got the best steal of the century on that...
Back
Top Bottom