Search results

1. 3tenor

... is now made in Taiwan

A fact is that you have read more than I wrote. Kymarto is more to the point. I will edit de distracting remarks when possible to concentrate on the instrument.
  2. 3tenor

When I compared the taper of the bore of 11 tenor saxophones by calculating the ratio of the measured diameters of two defined points, I found this distribution. My 1927 Couturier had the smallest taper and on the other end I found my 1956 Hohner president. Two extreme groups with only a...
  3. 3tenor

Belgians are very serious about beer, so I am convinced that the beer will be of a good quality. Now abouth the saxophone. I have seen one, (didn't play it) construction is ok. I have not measured the bore, but if it is comparable to the original it should also be comparable to the Buescher...
  4. 3tenor

SSO: Saxophone Shaped Objects

The standard SSO from India is nickel plated and has bright red pad cushions. This is the version for nickel sensitive plants.
  5. 3tenor

Collecting the Saxophone

There are so few aulochromes that only a few collectors could have one. Well they are still build, but this is not true for other rare instruments. It is a nice idea to have one museum collection with all possible members of the saxophone family in one wing, including a C-Bass made by...
  6. 3tenor

Collecting the Saxophone

As an afterthought; The minimal bell key design of the simple Simon could be the inspiration for the Buescher 400 design. It is the first saxophone where the lowest note is projected through a hole on the back of the bell.
  7. 3tenor

WF New People Introductions

The last 15 years I played in a small big-band, which apart of the standard repertoire, plays from Vienna to blues. Last year I joined an extended big-band where my german tenor blends nicely with the 5 trombones.
  8. 3tenor

WF New People Introductions

anser custodis animus Greetings people of this forum, I would like to contribute to your fine discussions. Helen already introduced my as: Thanks Helen. Now some more details. Born in a musical family it is inpossible not to make music. As a child I was already making musical...
  9. 3tenor

I think to myself

Rare and exotic? My pre Hohner president tenor is rare, but sometimes I play the exotic midwinterhoorn. A wooden semi conical horn played with an assymetric trumpet style wooden mouthpiece from the Dutch German border. No valves or holes but flexible as a single reed mouthpiece. A very nice...
  10. 3tenor

A New Type of Saxophone Pad

Hi, as the inventor of the MDF pads I thank you for your interest and take the opportunity to give some answers to your questions. As an introduction, the invention started with some unlevel roled toneholes. Instead of a file I used silicone to mold the pad in the saxophone...
Back
Top Bottom