Search results

1. Looking for a clarinet mouthpiece to buy

Well may be it just sounded that way. Or may be it is the nature of a certain designs that accentuate certain frequencies. The one I have that is a very old and nice sounding but unfortunately too closed tip and hard to blow for me doesn't have that sort of buzz so I just assumed that the buzz...
  2. Looking for a clarinet mouthpiece to buy

Thanks for the advice. I was trying to see if I can find a real hard rubber preferably a vintage mouthpiece. I didn't quite like the tone of the Vandoren B45. It sounded a bit plastic. I told that to the salesperson and she agreed too. I actually just found a used Portnoy BP02 clarinet...
  3. Looking for a clarinet mouthpiece to buy

Hi there, I'v been playing tenor and soprano saxophone for a few years. I delved into bass clarinet less than two years ago but haven't practiced it much. Recently I started playing clarinet methodically (with my woodwind instructor) and I'm hoping to grow in this new path. I have a Signet...
  4. Choosing a Step Up Bass Clarinet Mouthpiece

I'm still interested to know yours too if you don't mind. Thanks.
  5. Choosing a Step Up Bass Clarinet Mouthpiece

Can you please let me know what is your opinion for comparing Fobes Nova with Garret or any other medium priced intermediate player bass clarinet mouthpieces? A model that has medium open to open tip opening. Thanks a lot.
  6. Choosing a Step Up Bass Clarinet Mouthpiece

Thanks for helping out. I thought I mention Grabner was too expensive for me i.e. above my 100 to 200 dollar preferred range. The reason I have a lower price limit of 100 dollars is hoping to stay away from the closed tip student mouthpieces. The only one that I know in that price range (100...
  7. Choosing a Step Up Bass Clarinet Mouthpiece

Hi there, I started bass clarinet few months ago. I bought a used Bundy from my repairman. He also gave me a student mouthpiece. Since I've been playing tenor sax for a few years and I use 6 to 7* tip opening on it, that student bass clarinet mouthpiece is too closed tip for me and has lots of...
  8. WF New People Introductions

Hi there, I'm new to this forum. Just started learning bass clarinet. I love the tone and versatility of this instrument. I hope I can grow learning a lot along being in touch with the members in this forum to share ideas. Feels great to be part of this common interest crowd. A cyber family :)
Back
Top Bottom