Search results

1. Temporary Fix For Broken Cork?

Thanks for all the replies and help. I think I'll give masking tape a go since I have right at home.
  2. Temporary Fix For Broken Cork?

The cork on one of my clarinet's joints just broke/ripped when I tried to assemble my clarinet. The cork is still hanging on so I decided to leave it for now... I need temporary fix before I bring it to the store for a cork replacement, is there any possible fixes? Any help would be great...
  3. Cleaning my clarinet-for hygiene purposes

I've started to wonder about this recently. I do my cleaning routine where I just pull thru my clarinet with a swab and wipe the outside with a universal cloth I got from a instrument store. Then I read a few articles..see below...
  4. How to articulate smoothly and correctly?

This is a good exercise for me, I have been doing it at the start of practice everyday, and it works well on perfecting my articulation. Thanks a bunch.
  5. How to articulate smoothly and correctly?

Thanks for the reply, after some testing with my friends, it turns out that what I'm hearing is insignificant to the ears of my audience.:biggrin:
  6. How to articulate smoothly and correctly?

I do have a instructor, but unfortunately he is away overseas for 1 month.
  7. How to articulate smoothly and correctly?

Hey. I've noticed that when I tongue, especially on higher notes, I can hear a little 'ta' sound of my tongue as it's striking and leaving the reed. This is quite annoying, especially when I'm playing softly. Any tips? Thanks
  8. Some joints in my clarinet are too loose,

I see. Thank you for the help guys, it is working well.
  9. Some joints in my clarinet are too loose,

A piece of paper wrapped around the joint?
  10. Some joints in my clarinet are too loose,

The joint of my mouthpiece and the top joint of the upper part is too loose, which means my barrel is very loose when put together. Is there any way to fix this, before I take it to the clarinet shop? Thanks.
  11. I Cannot Play on Hardness 3 Reeds Anymore?

Ok, thanks for the reply. I practiced on #3's the past few days, and it seems like I'm getting back there.
  12. I Cannot Play on Hardness 3 Reeds Anymore?

Hello. I normally use hardness '3' Vandoren reeds. Recently I played on hardness '2.5' Legere Signature reeds for about 1 month, and today I went back playing to my old '3' Vandoren reeds, but I found I cannot play as easily as before on them. The '3' Vandoren reeds used to feel not too soft...
  13. Clarinet Sounds Airy

Yes, when I play on cane reeds, the sound was good. The reason I switched to synthetic reeds is because it last longer so i can practise on it often without wearing it out. Also im not intending to use it the perform anything, just practise. Anyways, i got legere(which i already knew, but i...
  14. Clarinet Sounds Airy

More info Also, the airy sound comes from the mouthpiece.
  15. Clarinet Sounds Airy

Ok here's some more info: The clarinet brand and model-----Buffet E13 The mouthpiece brand and model-----Backun MOBA mouthpiece Clarinet age and condition-----about one years old, in good condition Reed info(brand, strength etc.)-----Bari Star synthetic reeds. Strength-medium soft(but seems to...
  16. Clarinet Sounds Airy

My clarinet sounds a bit airy when is play lower notes or higher notes(middle notes like open G is fine). How can I prevent this? Is it something to do with leaking air? Thanks
  17. New 'medium soft' Bari synthetic reed too hard?

Reed is great now This is fifth day that I played on the synthetic reed. It's now sounding much better! Lots of improvements in all areas. Looks like giving it a bit of time is a good idea. Thanks
  18. New 'medium soft' Bari synthetic reed too hard?

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. -Yes, I did knew that reeds strength may vary between brands, but it seems to be too hard(much harder than I imagined, like one of the 4). -And thanks for your suggestion, Broccoli.I will give it some time and try them after. -Also, when I said make "good tones"...
  19. New 'medium soft' Bari synthetic reed too hard?

Hello, I have recently purchased a bari medium soft synthetic clarinet reed to try, as it's a relatively new thing. But when it came to my mail yesterday, i found it very hard to make good tones. I wanted a softer reed to play lower notes, but the reed seems to be too hard. Now, when i got...
Back
Top Bottom