Search results

1. saxmanglen

Spinal Tap on Jazz

What is wrong with Miles Davis?
  2. saxmanglen

EMJO or how's this for a community jazz band?

Nice "stuff", Jim! :)
  3. saxmanglen

WooF Member Recording Thread

Sarah, VERY nice! Thanks for posting. If you end up writing more charts and want/need a publisher, I've got a friend who does music publishing here on the West Coast. I'd be happy to put you in touch with him. http://www.walrusmusic.com/
  4. saxmanglen

Thanks for listening TJ. I just got asked to play at a winery Saturday afternoon with the bass player from above, a drummer and guitar player. Should be fun. Also, Saturday night is my monthly big band gig. The group posted above will be playing May 1 at the same Venue. I'm, actually, pretty...
  5. saxmanglen

Jim, The bass player, Bill Wingfield, asked me last Fall if I'd help him with a "Jazz Experiment" group to get his 12 year old son (drums) more opportunities to play. The original group was/is more of a workshop environment where others who want to work on their jazz chops can come and sit in...
  6. saxmanglen

I had some FUN last night. :) <object width="640" height="385"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z2VyLjBrtM0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640"...
  7. saxmanglen

Yanagisawa Pages

Just remember, there's a reason it's been played so much that it is in need of a repad. I'd say it's worth it!
  8. saxmanglen

The Big Woodwind Project - Take I

Tom, Yakety Sax can be played to the backing/changes of " When the Saints go Marching". Take a look at the video Jim has posted.
  9. saxmanglen

The Big Woodwind Project - Take I

Jim, You may want to do it like Pete Thomas did with his blues project. He provided a simple backing and asked us to use that to make it easier for him to sync things up. I like the idea.
  10. saxmanglen

A buddy of my dropped in at one of my gigs yesterday and tried out his new Zoom Q3 recorder. This is a little trio I have that does a few "pick up" gigs here or there. Sorry for the sloppy playing my be. <object height="344" width="425"> <embed...
  11. saxmanglen

Sorry TJ, that was a slip up on my part. I had been on the other forum and had "Mike on the brain" for some reason. :shock:
  12. saxmanglen

That's only the second time we've done the "Experiment". I'm sure we'll have more fun the longer the gig runs. Some funny stuff in your video mike. Very creative!
  13. saxmanglen

<!-- PUT THIS TAG IN THE head SECTION --> <script language="JavaScript"> var CM8Server = "logiagroup.checkm8.com"; var CM8Cat = "esnips.ROS"; var CM8Profile=""; </script> <script language="JavaScript"...
  14. saxmanglen

Thanks, Jim!
  15. saxmanglen

Dave, Thanks for giving a listen and saying hi. I'm still playing with the 9 piece group at the Madonna Inn monthly as well as playing more frequently in smaller groups. Glen
  16. saxmanglen

posted this on SOTW and thought I'd put it up here at TWWF too. I had a fun Jazz gig last night. Evidence is in the video below! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYT2uRww5M And, YES....that is a 12 year old on drums. MY 12 year old daughter captured the video. :)
  17. saxmanglen

whos from sotw?

Tammi a trouble maker?! NEVER!
  18. saxmanglen

Noblet

I picked up a Noblet 40 in remarkable shape a couple of years ago. They are a pretty decent horn for the money. Kind of a sleeper horn in my book.
  19. saxmanglen

New Year's Resolutions/Plans

This may be the year I'll have to move or relocate. A bit intimidating after being here for nearly 20 years. I'm taking an certification/licensing test in a neighboring state next week. We'll see where it all goes in 2009. :???:
  20. saxmanglen

New Year's Musical Resolutions

Try not to HAVE to sell any of my gear. :-(
Back
Top Bottom