Search results

1. papa

Amazon BORG CLARINET

Any reviews on this fine instrument from Amazon, eBay and goodwill. All seem to be new condition and only played once?
  2. papa

Bought my first professional clarinet!

My step grand daughter in the seventh grade has a series 9 and about ten other clarinets. She rotates to get the feel of each one. The Selmer Series 9 is a good clarinet according to her. She also likes the Amati professional one. But her all out favorite is a 1940's BC Cadet because she can...
  3. papa

Patricola

Pursue a degree in Music Ed is great but you will need to be able to make an eBay $25.00 clarinet sound like a Patricola CL4 Virtuoso. It's not the clarinet it's the teacher.
  4. papa

V. Kohlert Sons fife piccolo or flute?

Thanks Pete; not finding any fifes made by V. Kohlert Sons and only found a three piece piccolo made by them online at a South Dakota Music museum. "It depends on who you talk to" seems logical. Would explain why the item keeps having different names. The ones I see online have huge cracks, pads...
  5. papa

V. Kohlert Sons fife piccolo or flute?

What is this called? A 11 hole five key Fife or a piccolo? Got it off eBay while everyone was playing their X Box; for one dollar.
  6. papa

Worth refurbishing?

Starting a collection of antique horns myself and I call them closet horns. Parents pay out a small fortune on high quality clarinets and kids loose interest in six months; off to the closet for 100 years they go. To make any money you need collectability of items. Just like guitars the...
  7. papa

Amati Kraslice "special" model

Reading the amati clarinets posts from a year ago it would seem the horns are needing tech adjustments for certain players. Not sure if that is like adjusting the seat in your car after someone else drives it or a complete rebuilt model? Snagged an 25 year old wood Amati Kraslice Special off...
  8. papa

Henri Marechai and Lefebvre family Paris clarinet

Serial # A 35 / and looks pre 1920's any info on this maker? Not your everyday clarinet and my local music store tech acted like it would explode if he repaded the horn. Thinking the kid only does plastic horns. See no rust or corrosion and wood looks great for being 80 years old. Don't care...
Back
Top Bottom