Search results

1. Couesnon Monopole

Roger is right about the mouthpiece. A good one will make all the difference. When you find a teacher, have him/her evaluate the MP with your Monopole. I'd definitely have the Monopole overhauled. They are great horns, every bit as good as similar vintage pro Buffets. The bad news is that it...
  2. What kind of Clarinet

You have some options in that price range. Personally I like the older professional Leblancs. They are as good as Buffets, usually with better intonation, and generally cost less because they don't have the Buffet reputation. A LL will probably run you more than $500, but a nice Symphonie (or...
  3. G Kohlert Report

I recently picked up an unusual clarinet, so thought I'd post some information on it. It's a Gustav Kohlert Boehm system in A. According to the new Langwiel guide, Gus was making clarinets in Graslitz, Czechoslovakia from 1921 to 1930. He must have been related to V. Kohlert's sons, but I...
  4. Your favourite works for band?

Holst 1st and Second Suites and the band version of The Planets, but that seems to be out of print except for Jupiter and Mars. Gould's Pavane is a good one, just played that last week with the Southern Md. Concert Band. If you want to get really tough, Mendelssohn's Overture fur Harmoniemusik...
  5. Arizona Get Together

Pete, you're the same day as Camille Saint Saens, and one day off Verdi, and me (on the 10th). I have some slightly used Valentino pads that could be gift wrapped.
  6. Md. Bands?

Gandalfe, I get out to Seattle 4 or 5 times a year, actually to Boeing in Kent. Back in August I contacted a band in Burien. They were very welcoming, but had just ended their season. I'll be back after the first of the year and will let you know.
  7. Md. Bands?

This is primarily aimed at Roger Aldridge, but others please feel free to jump in. I just discovered that I'm going to be in southeastern Md. (Lexington Park to be specific) one week a month until at least next spring. Are there any community bands in the area that would welcome an occasional...
  8. Eefer Madness!

Eefer Madness My first Eb was an ex-school Noblet 40 with a refaced B44 MP and Mitchel Lurie inverted ligature. It had been nicely overhauled using cork pads and it plays well. It has amazingly low resistance. It wants 3 ½ and 4 reeds normally, when my Bb setup is 2 ¾ Gonzalas. On the minus...
  9. So, can anyone tell me about this one?

Ideal MP This post is an oldie, but I recently found out some information on the Ideals that are appearing on the market. They are Riffaults that were made for a guy that had a music shop in NYC back in the 50s (or before). The shop owner passed on and his son has a bunch of these, new in...
Back
Top Bottom