Search results

1. Rescuing reeds!

reeds Hey, just a thought, to be honest a lot of what has been discussed is highly technical and much individual, which after all is why we have favourite mouthpieces and reeds etc etc. At the present time there is a seller on Ebay selling Rico Concert Selects, Evolution I think, from the...
  2. Selmer Artys

artys ebay just a quickie, there is an Artys on UK Ebay at this very moment, clearly second hand! worth a look? One year old £800 start Item number: 290264242889 Thought it may be of interest.
  3. new member & q's for various clarinets

systems Thanks again Terry, your information is very much of interest. I hope and trust that you managed to duck the hurricane that has devastated so much of your locality? regards
  4. new member & q's for various clarinets

thoughts hi thanks again guys for the info and thoughts, I'll just take a pill quickly then try and unravel it all..........I will photograph the various "oldies" I have and you guys can then all have a good laugh at the silly Englishman (well Scotsman technically) who needs 3 hands to play...
  5. Global FAQ: Horn Value

copy cat!!! Monsieur Marigaux Not having that many clarinets through my hands I am not aware of the quirks across the board. From an engineering angle, not cost, is the sleeve not a better proposition, assuming the cork on the tenon is always in good condition? (Otherwise I can see friction...
  6. new member & q's for various clarinets

m/p etc oh, my head hurts now!!!!! There was me thinking this tube with holes in it and flappy things that you press made beautiful sounds by blowing down a funny shaped piece of plastic or rubber or even metal and squashing a reed a bit in the process!! No one said everything changes...
  7. My first Chinese clarinet experience

chinese I started on a chinese clarinet when I was 17 in 1970. My mother bought it for me through a store catalogue. I used it for at least 10 years before giving it to my then brother in law. He took it to a tutor who said it played really well. It was wood, cant recall the name, but that is a...
  8. Orange Peels Revive Wood Clarinets?

oranges hey, did I get this wrong? I put a whole orange in my case, plus some sandwiches and snack bar, now i get lunch whenever i play! will it make my 2-20 play in tune again? sorry, being a bit silly, which for a 54 year old I should know better!! How are the rings normally fixed on ...
  9. whos from sotw?

sotw def sotw member, same name etc
  10. new member & q's for various clarinets

flat/sharp hi, thanks for the thoughts, sorry, 2-20 is coming out flat rather than sharp. I will put a meter on it and see what it is doing for certain. Heard about register key before and just happened to have bought pipe cleaners a couple of days back! Will see what happens.
  11. new member & q's for various clarinets

Thanks for your responses, all interesting and a good spread of views. also thanks to Stephen (connical) for your kind offer. Is the bell restorable or will it always appear to be a mended bell? If you think it would be worth some tlc to put it in good order then I may take you up on your...
  12. Global FAQ: Horn Value

end caps hi Steve, you may recall a recent message re Thibouville Lamy clarinet I recently received. Interestingly the tenon receiving joint (mortice presumably in woodworking terms) is completely silver/metal mounted. So the cork tenon slides into a metal sleeve. THe part that is visible...
  13. new member & q's for various clarinets

older horns Thanks for agreeing Steve! I took delivery today of a Jr Lafleur/EJ albert rosewood clarinet. The wood is gorgeous and although it is without it's barrel it just about plays with a really different tone. looking forward to cleaning it all up and repadding as required. The wood...
  14. new member & q's for various clarinets

Hi I am new to this forum but as a sax player also partake in the SOTW forum so many here may well be forum "doublers"!! I constantly lookout for Ebay bargains for clarinets and have bid successfully on a number over the past year. In particular my Noblet 40, 1973, which I find extremely...
Back
Top Bottom