Search results

1. tenorsaxman90

Post your pit setups

I just got a call to play reed 3 (flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, baritone saxophone, bassoon) for a production of Young Frankenstein, so I'll post a picture of my setup for that in the pit when that starts. There are only eight and a half bars of flute, and we cut that part of the song flute...
  2. tenorsaxman90

Post your pit setups

This is my current pit set up for City of Angels that I'm playing Reed 2(piccolo, flute, clarinet and alto saxophone) for. I also used my soprano saxophone for some tough clarinet licks, as well.
  3. tenorsaxman90

WF New People Introductions

Hi everyone! I've posted a few times on here, but thought I'd introduce and share a little bit about myself. My name is Mike, and I currently am working towards a degree in music performance in flute performance, after taking a few years off from college to work full-time. I was originally an...
  4. tenorsaxman90

What are your doubles?

I recently bit the bullet and in the past year added: *Soprano saxophone *Eb clarinet *Alto flute I'd say out of the three newest additions, alto flute is probably my favorite to play.
  5. tenorsaxman90

What are some of the shows(and the books in them) everybody has played?

Personally, I think that the soprano recorder(and soprano sax which follows) solo(s) in Snoopy was the best soloistic part of the show. Otherwise, to me, it seemed pretty straight foward. We also had our pianist, drummer, and bassist play kazoos in that number.
  6. tenorsaxman90

Just finished a three week run of You're a Good Man Charlie Brown this past evening( soprano recorder, piccolo, flute, clarinet, soprano and alto saxophones). It's a short, but memorable musical to be honest.
  7. tenorsaxman90

Post your pit setups

I don't usually use the wooden stand(unless my gigs call for oboe), but didn't want my clarinet or flute to hit the side of the music stand. I did cave and get one of those little shelves that clip onto the music stand, and used it for my piccolo, tuner, and to set mouthpiece caps on. THEN I was...
  8. tenorsaxman90

Post your pit setups

Here is my setup from THE PRODUCERS, which just closed this weekend. My book was Reed 3: Flute, Eb and Bb clarinets, and tenor saxophone. I also covered some of the baritone saxophone stuff out of Reed 5, and the Eb clarinet part on flute and piccolo.
  9. tenorsaxman90

What are your doubles?

My current list of doubles =] I have really updated my collection over the past few months, and finally got my baritone sax before I turned 20 years old(only 3 months away); since that has been a goal for a while =] *Fife *Pennywhistle in D *Sopranino recorder *Soprano recorder *Alto...
  10. tenorsaxman90

What are your doubles?

Here is an updated list for me :-) Sopranino recorder Soprano recorder Alto recorder Tenor recorder Pennywhistle in High D Irish flute in High Bb Piccolo Flute Alto flute* Clarinet Oboe English horn* Soprano Saxophone* Alto Saxophone Tenor Saxophone Baritone Saxophone* Bass...
  11. tenorsaxman90

What are your doubles?

It's been a while, but I have added to my list of doubles: Tenor Recorder, Alto Recorder, Sopranino Recorder, and Bass Clarinet... I plan on getting either an alto flute, English horn, E flat clarinet, and soprano sax next, but in no particular order.
  12. tenorsaxman90

What is your Flute setup

I have currently updated my flute set up... I got rid of the Yamaha head joint, and got a Miyazawa head joint, and love it to death :D
  13. tenorsaxman90

Beauty and the Beast

Hey everyone, I am also playing for BatB, but its at a community theater. My book is Reed II-Oboe/English horn, and yes this show is a BLAST to play. The only personal pitfalls I have had is the super high oboe stuff(up to F above the staff), and the fact that I have not yet gotten an EH... But...
  14. tenorsaxman90

The Wedding Singer

Is anyone familiar with this musical? The books are: 1: Flute, clarinet, alto saxophone 2: Flute, oboe, English horn, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone My friend and I might try to either tackle our own books, OR edit them so we can play our stronger suits(her on the clarinet, alto sax and...
  15. tenorsaxman90

Sopranino Recorder, Anyone?

I just got a brand new Yamaha YRN-22B to help kick off my recorder collection and to go with my YRS-24B Soprano. Sopranino is just a blast to play, but the fingerings are hard to get used to.
  16. tenorsaxman90

What's your Oboe setup?

I got the Moennig Philharmonic, and only then did I realize how much the Artley held me back. Now, I gotta wait for some new reeds!
  17. tenorsaxman90

What's your Oboe setup?

I currently have an Artley student oboe, but as of tomorrow, I'll be playing on a Moennig Philharmonic full conservatory(w/ 3rd octave key) professional oboe.
  18. tenorsaxman90

Favorite pit gig.

Once On this Island IMHO. The alto flute and soprano saxophone parts were a killer to play, but well worth the learn(flute,piccolo, and clarinet parts were a lot easier to play).
  19. tenorsaxman90

Did they not have the pit amplified for chorus line?
  20. tenorsaxman90

I've currently done: Music Man; but it was at my school so parts were doubled up on. I played flute and clarinet for it. Bye Bye Birdie:Reed 1 and 3: Piccolo, flute, clarinet, tenor saxophone. We had an alto and flute but no picc or tenor. Also done at my school The Borrowed Tomb: First(and...
Back
Top Bottom