Search results

1. jhu6569

Keep and fix, or go with new.

OK- need to know! SOTSDO and Gandalfe are separate. Good. But, really - the replies to Debbie regarding a newly prospective community band player, wishing to recoup an active involvement after many years of absence, in order to play with her child (or at least in support of her child)...
  2. jhu6569

I agree, Tammi! Given the choice of spending money for an oboe for one of your aspiring children - OR spending money on lessons for you to play in a community band? Really - this is a no brainer for those of us here (like the originator of this thread - hello Debbie!) who seem to want to...
  3. jhu6569

OK- need to know! Gandalfe = SOTSDO? If so, please so acknowledge. And, hmm, if so - WHY the duplicity? And - if not the same? Why respond in place of the intended? I am personally VERY versed in internet forum "politics" - did not envision these happening regarding the playing of the...
  4. jhu6569

Respectfully SOTSDO. Perhaps the new poster, like me, started playing the fourth grade! And simply played until undergraduate college ended - with NO illusions regarding actually making a living from the instrument. Playing again in a community band, perhaps four concerts a year, FREE concerts...
  5. jhu6569

Re-beginning! Take your Noblet, get it checked out and start playing! This fall I myself, also a newbie here on this forum, started playing again after over 35 years of total inactivity - with my original instrument (1952 Selmer Centered Tone). BEST decision I have made in a long, long time...
  6. jhu6569

1935 Vintage Buffet

RE: vintage Selmers. Thanks, Gandalfe. I expected the same. Your prompt response is appreciated.
  7. jhu6569

1935 Vintage Buffet

Hmm- let me rephrase gandalfe. I guess what I was asking, am asking!, is would I expect any major difference in "sound" between an early Centered Tone and a Series "9". Both were large bore, apparently the Series "9" has slightly smaller bore holes, and obviously neither is polycylindrical...
  8. jhu6569

1935 Vintage Buffet

Question SOTSDO? As the owner and amateur player of a Selmer Centered Tone (P1523- 1952) that is a great horn - would it make any real sense to get a Selmer series "9" as well (1964 vintage)? Assume that the price is reasonable given condition. Note: I am not real collector, but I do have a...
  9. jhu6569

Couesnon Monopole

Serial Number My Couesnon S.A. clarinet has NO serial number, but the local pro technician today thinks that it IS a real Couesnon and not a stamped knock-off. The woodwork and key work seem to indicate this, but, again, only more time will tell the true story.
  10. jhu6569

Couesnon Monopole

Couesnon History Having just purchased an old Couesnon SA clarinet, I am searching for info as to its' actual age. Turns out that essentially ANYBODY with an old Couesnon instrument of any type is also seeking the same, because a fire in 1969 destroyed the archival records of the company, which...
  11. jhu6569

Just played for the first time in years

Re-starting! Picked up my Selmer CT for the first time in over thirty years in August and am now playing a first chair position in a local community band. Toughest part? - breath control as a now coach potato at age 61. Steve promises me that LONG tones are the key here - I wonder if he...
  12. jhu6569

Couesnon Monopole

OK-Purchase! Just tonight bought a Couesnon clarinet for $87.00 including shipping on "that auction site." Solely because of this forum. Pictures looked very good - obviously I will not really know until the instrument is delivered and tested. But? For $72 dollars plus shipping? Serial number...
  13. jhu6569

Couesnon Monopole

Courneson Serial #s! As my first ever post here on TWF I am hoping to be of a little help. Found this by scrolling down a little on the clarinetmania forum referenced in preceding posts. http://www.clarinetperfection.com/snclarinet.htm#Couesnon Ah- just saw that Steve has previously listed...
  14. jhu6569

WF New People Introductions

Hello to all. Some info regarding myself, jhu6569. 61 years old and just now getting back to my Selmer CT 1952-vintage Bb Clarinet after over 35 years of inactivity. Playing in an adult community band. Never played professionally but was above-average through college (one with NO affiliated...
Back
Top Bottom