Search results

1. fox

Packing a Large Instrument to Mail

Does that include tip?
  2. fox

Fox's first recording

Finally, one more ... I think I did badly on this latest one. It seems that by the time I'm ready to record these videos I'm so sick and tired of practicing the music that I somewhat rush ... Anyway, critiques are welcome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdEf5pemVuE
  3. fox

Post Your Music Biography Here

1. Learned a bit of recorder in grade school 2. took a couple of flute lessons in high school 3. 18 years later taught myself to read music and studied up to music theory II. 4. As a reward for learning music theory I bought myself a flute and started teaching myself. 5. 1 year later I...
  4. fox

Keeping The Beat

Oh man, I'm just SLIGHTLY past age eight. tictactux, this is something I was just taught to do. Before I was playing all notes the same even dotted eighth notes! So far I haven't had luck in finding someone to play with. Any time I hear of someone remotely playing an instrument I go and...
  5. fox

Keeping The Beat

Ok guys - I got a small opportunity here ... My teacher has "suggested" that I need to start learning to keep time. When I practice with a metronome my timing is perfect, yet when I shut off the metronome I find that it's impossible for me to keep proper time. When I try and keep time I...
  6. fox

Wanted: Amateur Adult Musicians for a Research Study!

I tried pasting it in my browser, clicking on it - can't find the server. I even tried on both Safari and Firefox.
  7. fox

Wanted: Amateur Adult Musicians for a Research Study!

The link's not working.
  8. fox

So, Music and What else?

Here are my hobbies: 1. Classical fencing 2. Running 3. Reading and movies 4. Role playing 5. Board games
  9. fox

The most popular instrument in the US

The Piano!?! Huh ... I'm not a big fan of the piano ... it's sorta a fence sitter ... is it strings?? is it percussion??!?!
  10. fox

The Edible (?) clarinet

Now that's a clarinet I could really sink my teeth into!
  11. fox

Glissando Headjoint

It looks interesting. Yet, it seems as if it would be limited to a very select few musicians that would use it on very rare occasions. I'm more interested in seeing how it works. To me it looks like one of those magic tricks
  12. fox

Arpeggio Question

Yep! You are correct. I just got an email from them. Thanks!
  13. fox

Arpeggio Question

Either way, it was a good story!
  14. fox

Arpeggio Question

Wait ... try their FAQ? That's like asking a lost driver "You going to stop and ask for directions?" Seriously though. I will check out the FAQ and send them a message. I'm not really aware of the differences between music schools in the UK and the US as I haven't had the opportunity to...
  15. fox

Arpeggio Question

Ok guys I am totally confused. In the ABRSM test it asks to be able to play arpeggios. You have to play the "common chords" for the octaves and keys indicated. I asked my teacher what they meant by "common chords" and she she didn't seem to really know and sorta blew it off saying it's just...
  16. fox

Playing Tremolo

Thanks guys. I've made a note. I'm not advanced enough for Flutter-tonguing. I'm still learning me notes!
  17. fox

Playing Tremolo

I have a piece for violin and it has a few notes with tremolo. How would I play that on a flute? Would it be vibrato?
  18. fox

How do you keep in shape?

Picket fences are advanced. I'm still a beginner so it's mostly moving stones and stacking them. Ba rum pum! Will you be in all week? I keep meaning to look in meetup.com see if there happens to be a group nearby. I'll take a look at the society, thanks for the link.
  19. fox

How do you keep in shape?

I try and go for a 2 mile run either in the morning or evening. I'm trying to improve but it's taking a while. I also do classical fencing once a week. I've been interested in Tai Chi, but haven't gone out there to learn.
  20. fox

The Virtual Flute

Thanks pete! Groovekiller - I re-did the fingering charts that came from Rubank and the Wagner book. IIRC, I found a couple of the fingerings in Rubank to be wrong; the Wagner book had this really weird method to show fingering. Instead of which fingers to press down the Wagner book was...
Back
Top Bottom