Search results

1. bobsax

Should I play at my Mothers funeral ?

Thanks guys , All your comments are very important to me and have helped me to decide. My heart tells me I should skip the service and perhaps play at the get together after. Again, thank you all very much. --bob
  2. bobsax

Should I play at my Mothers funeral ?

Should I play at my Mothers funeral ? For better or worse my mom was the one that pushed me to succeed in music and I'm very thankful for what she did. Though not a great financial success I've had a great life so far as a musician and teacher and I feel I should play but I don't know if it's...
  3. bobsax

I Finally sold the Leblanc one piece contrabass<>Now I have to ship it!!

Thanks guys for the good advice. Terry , would you wedge the keys so as to have the pads open or closed? Pete , I think I can get insurance from either FedX or UPS and eBay has some sort of guarantee also. I just did a quick search and came up with some pretty murky info...
  4. bobsax

I Finally sold the Leblanc one piece contrabass<>Now I have to ship it!!

So...I Finally sold the Leblanc one piece contrabass clarinet :geezer2:now I have to ship it!! It came to me with UPS ground in 2007 but the UPS website wouldn't let me create a shipment. It said it was too big. On the other hand the FedX website worked and I was given a shipping price of $100...
  5. bobsax

Clark Fobes Mouthpieces

Agreed I went to his house and played his top contrabass mp and compared it to my Grabner. I couldn't really tell any difference between them. Both are great.
  6. bobsax

Clark Fobes Mouthpieces

Sorry I have not tried the Fobes I met Clark recently. He's a fine player and technician. I would also be interested in the jazz model. Is it a big opening? I play the Vandoren 5JB. I want to sound like Anat Cohen. Anybody know what she uses?
  7. bobsax

Leblanc Model 7182 Contrabass Clarinet

bump with my latest wish list;) I'd also be interested in a trade plus cash or straight across if values are the same. I could use a nice; tuba or sousaphone. top of the line curved soprano sax. upright bass hybrid or carved. Eminence or BSX Allegro electric upright Matching set A and Bb...
  8. bobsax

What are your doubles?

Hey Pierre Keep your piano chops up. They've come in handy for me many times. In wedding bands I often did the cocktail piano before the party and a lot of bands will have an auxiliary keyboard for various members to use. I recommend having a strong bass playing left hand and don't use...
  9. bobsax

eBay It's now on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/330831673011?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  10. bobsax

Hi Folks I haven't been around much lately because I've been 100% steeped in the double bass. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Hey Carl--do you play tuba too? These bass instruments take up a lot of room and I'm ready to put this contra on a fast track for sale, however if...
  11. bobsax

Legere reeds (revisited?)

I feel that they are too expensive. I used them for clarinet when they were around $10 but when they raised the price I stopped buying them. They were convenient but I honestly think that cane is better. It just takes a little more work. With my open Vandorn 5JB cane is best. Classical folks...
  12. bobsax

Selmer full Boehm A

Thanks Steve. With my T0120 Bb I use an old B&H barrel that's a little shorter then the Selmer barrel that came with the horn to bring up the pitch. Neither fits the P1040 A clarinet.(they're too big) It would have been very convenient if they did fit.(and were in tune) I'll go through my...
  13. bobsax

Clarineo

Has anybody played one yet? Hows the pitch? I'm thinking it might be fun to jam with the bluegrass folks as long as it's not to loud. I found this at a site selling them http://www.clarineo.co.uk/faq.asp I am a professional clarinettist and, at the moment, play C clarinet parts found in...
  14. bobsax

Selmer full Boehm A

Interesting conversations. I have one with serial # P1040. not a boehm. It came with the double case (a bit beat-up) with blue interior. I'm a bit uncomfortable putting both clarinets in it however. The case will not close on it's own when I put my Bb (Serial #T0120) in and it requires a...
  15. bobsax

Neck & barrel pickup

Thank you Clarnibass This helps a lot. Ted at Bluestar Music. Suggested The Shadow SH 4001 saxophone and clarinet transducer. It attaches to the reed of the instrument and it's supposed provides a very clean, natural sound. The SH 4001 has a cable attached to the pickup with a standard 1/4"...
  16. bobsax

Neck & barrel pickup

Very interesting Do you think this would work with a contra bass clarinet? I want it to function just like a string bass so it needs to be a fairly dry sound with no effects and a good attack on each note. What pickup are you using? I'm sorry what notes would 130Hz be around. In...
  17. bobsax

For Sale :yoda:* It is :) *we need a Yoda smily
  18. bobsax

I'm wanted by the Jazz Mafia for wearing a cowboy hat, owning a banjo and playing Country Music :-o and enjoying it :)
  19. bobsax

I've had this instrument for several years and it has been very well taken care off. This is the plastic Leblanc Model 7182 Contrabass Clarinet. http://www.wwbw.com/LeBlanc-Model-7182-Contrabass-Clarinet-460541-i1142601.wwbw It lists for MSRP $5,710.00 and can be had new for $4,519.00 I've...
  20. bobsax

What are your doubles?

Hey Catty Where you from? I could use a player with your doubles:)
Back
Top Bottom