Search results

1. daigle65

High E facilitator

I often think about having this done to mine....even though E3 isn't really a problem for me. Any con's to this procedure ? Intonation ? Does it mess up certain trills/tremolos ?
  2. daigle65

Stuffy throat Bb

Interesting thread. This modification is news to me, but I don't think it would help me much. The throat Bb on my Q series Centered Tone isn't significantly hissy but it does tend to be flat, especially if I don't keep the vent clean! Introducing a pin in it would probably make it flatter...
  3. daigle65

Fagottino/Quart Bassoon

Very interesting ! I wonder.....does it read in treble or bass clef ? If it's primarily a learning instrument for young bassoonist I guess it would be in bass clef so they wouldn't have to relearn the entire staff position and fingering association. The intonation however......:-(
  4. daigle65

V12's !!!

I'm using a B45 which is a medium-long facing. I'm very interested in Walter Grabner's pieces. He says that they are "optimized" for V12's.
  5. daigle65

V12's !!!

I'm not one of those players that's always questioning his equipment, I suffer very little from GAS. I have been playing Vandoren traditionals ever since starting clarinet, but I recently decided to give the V12's a try. I initially liked that they were less shrill in the upper clarion and...
  6. daigle65

And then there's THIS guy

His name is Michel Lauzière, he's from Québec. http://www.michellauziere.com/index.htm
  7. daigle65

Odd couples

Legend has it that Adolphe Sax came up with the idea for the saxophone by putting a clarinet mouthpiece on an Ophicleide. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophicleide
  8. daigle65

WF New People Introductions

Hi ! I see a lot of people here from SOTW. I don't see myself as a sax player who plays a bit of flute and clarinet, I try to devote equal time to all my woodwinds. I play tenor, alto and soprano saxes, flute (I have a BA in classical flute) and Bb and alto clarinets (yes !!! alto clarinet...)
Back
Top Bottom