Search results

1. saxplayer1004

FS Jupiter DiMedici 1011R Flute $1300obo

Like the title says, in near new condition, comes with a Protec case. After I got diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both hands playing inline G's are quite difficult so am using my Haynes more. Silver head, body, and foot. Comes with Protec Pro-Pac Slimline case. Asking $1400obo shipped to conus...
  2. saxplayer1004

FS Buffet Jazz Festival Bb Clarinet $1500obo

Taking offers on this, hope to move it relatively soon as I'm moving again and the less horns I take the better.
  3. saxplayer1004

I think it was 90's not 80's, but either way it is a monster horn and definitely a looker. Hopefully it will find a new home soon
  4. saxplayer1004

Thanks Jim, it really is a great horn, just not using. Haven't played it in a few years. http://s589.photobucket.com/user/saxplayer1004/library/Buffet%20Jazz%20Festival?sort=3&page=1 album is there with a few pics, will get a few more up. One of the cool things is the carbon fiber bands...
  5. saxplayer1004

Great sounding clarinet for sale, just not playing enough anymore to justify having multiples. This thing is truly a monster sounding horn. These were model 1137 and produced for a while in the mid 90's. This thing has been around the world with the first owner I know of being Down Under, and...
  6. saxplayer1004

Improve Your Doubling By Chris Vadala

sorry for rehashing an old thread, but just saw this. This truly is THE doubling book for reed guys and all of the pro doublers I know have it and still use it regularly. It is a b!tch though, but once you can play through it you become an infinitely better player. A lot of it may seem...
  7. saxplayer1004

Cheap Bass Clarinet Stand

bass guitar stand? extra height and width at the head
  8. saxplayer1004

WHAT SHOULD I DO!

But my orange peels make my cnet smell good... :-D
  9. saxplayer1004

Plot (and musical) questions about Urinetown

Pit calls for one reed book. Bb/bass clarinet, Sop/Alto sax. One brass book, Trombone, Bass Bone, Euphonium. Lockstock comes up out of the sewer and there's dialog between him and barrel. As he's about to descent back into sewer, Lockstock says he loves the people. Barrel then goes and...
  10. saxplayer1004

Guys and Dolls - making four the hard way

DavidW and I did a bout of Music Man last fall that was like that. Except it was the conductors that were inexperienced and the piano player was good but not very confident. I was covering 2 reed books and half conducting with the lead trumpet player across the pit. Was in a place where I...
  11. saxplayer1004

Another 16V for Sale

ya but with a contrabass sax it balances a lot better than the tubax. It has a lot more weight above the neck, whereas the tubax has almost nothing to speak of in terms of head weight
  12. saxplayer1004

Symbol and how to play

called a turn typically note, note above, note, note below, note In that context, I THINK it's D E F# E D E Could be wrong, but all the turns are different, depends on where you're coming from, where you're going, how fast it is etc...
  13. saxplayer1004

Bass Saxophone Sightings on eBay

Love how the neck is photoshopped out of the cheap one... Build quality on that low G looks a lot nicer than the old buescher, still wish they'd redo the bow so the bell didn't stick up over the top, but whenever Lance finishes mine it will look like that
  14. saxplayer1004

DEEP SCHROTT - world's first bass sax quartet

more air=more sound done The 661 is rather nice on the intonation spread so you're lucky you don't have to fight that. and yes, that was circular
  15. saxplayer1004

Split book

ya, I was contemplating taking my clarinet out of the pit to spite him but left it in which was a good thing. Covered parts, missed less notes hit all the accidentals, good night. Just frustrating, he didn't call or email the MD either which was even more loverly for me
  16. saxplayer1004

Split book

paid yes, semi pro. It's a university/community theatre thing. They wanted to audition the university students, even though I've worked with the musical director before. The music dept was adamant about having this kid play so I figured what the hell it saves me from practicing. Oh well, tonight...
  17. saxplayer1004

Split book

and that's kinda what I was getting at. There is a HUGE gap between virtuoso recital players that are damn good at their one horn and can play anything as long as they have enough rehearsal time, and those of us that play just about anything really well. I can't go and play the concertos, I...
  18. saxplayer1004

Split book

too late to help him, 3 rehearsals and into the show and he was ratting on me yesterday when I had a hellish time with my bass clarinet. Pad fell out and I split 3 reeds, minimal desire to work with him. Normally I wouldn't mind if he was just in the pit and it was his first go, it's the fact...
  19. saxplayer1004

Split book

I was doing this sh!t in high school, I mean, sure I wasn't anywhere near as good, but this dude was like 2nd chair all-state last year on clarinet. That's impressive. What the he!l is the point in knowing all of your scales if you can't play music in them? Come on man, and this is Urinetown...
Back
Top Bottom