Search results

1. Intonation on 82Z tenor

Update time! Well first off, I'm keeping the 82Z. I discovered that, yes, I was indeed using my alto embouchure on the tenor (waaay to small). Now that I've worked exclusively on tenor for a couple weeks I'm back in the swing of things. I also took the horn down to my tech with the venting...
  2. Mouthpieces what size,what type?

Boy, I have to agree with Pete's comments. As a beginner it would be best to establish a baseline to work from. A sax teacher should be able to identify problems whether mouthpiece or player and work from there. That said, every alto player should at least try a Meyer 5M, but maybe not until...
  3. Inventory of Bari Players & Their Horns

Whoa, this is weird! I play a B991 with a soloist style D mouthpiece and Rico Royal 3's. I also picked up an SX90, what a totally different sound! Sadly I can't keep'em both and I am VERY attached to the Yani so after a brief romance the Keilwerth is up for sale!
  4. Intonation on 82Z tenor

Thanks, I'm discovering this horn responds drastically to embouchure changes. I couldn't resist trying JBT's suggestions before heading off to work this morning. Initially blowing the mouthpiece alone I was up at a very sharp concert A. I loosened up and refocused and was able to hit concert G...
  5. Intonation on 82Z tenor

Huh... I'll give it a try! Maybe I'm using an alto approach without realizing it. Any reason this would be more of a problem on the Yamaha then the Selmer? I usually switch back and forth between alto and bari and don't have this problem on either horn, but JBT's point makes a lot of sense...
  6. Intonation on 82Z tenor

I'm making a trip to my tech this weekend, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this problem. I recently picked up a YTS-82ZUL w/o F#, I love just about everything the horn offers and the tone is incredible. My problem is that the horn wants to play sharp, especially up top...
  7. And then there's THIS guy

I think it would be cool to have one (that says quite a bit about me I'm sure), but my wife would never speak to me again. I can see her point... The other unfortunate requirement to pull this off is coordination and dexterity I'm not sure how I match up there. Now the requirement for a total...
  8. And then there's THIS guy

Ah, yes, I love this guy! I asked my wife to get me one of those suits for Christmas, but alas, she refuses. The ultimate busking routine, but can you imagine the noise if you had to run from the police!?!
  9. Suggestions for Sax Quartet music

Helen, do you know if Paul has a list of his arrangements posted somewhere? If not, I'll just email him. Thanks for the suggestion!
  10. Suggestions for Sax Quartet music

If you don't mind paying for arrangements this is a great site, we've had good luck with their arrangements. The pieces can be previewed so that should be helpful.Nice folks to deal with to boot! www.4a4quartet.com <cite></cite>
  11. WF New People Introductions

Thanks Pete, I will! No problem on the 'for sale' section, it's a wise move to preempt any misunderstandings between selling rules in various forums.
  12. WF New People Introductions

Hello all, Another SOTW crossover member! Glad I made my way over, I see a lot of familiar faces and look forward to splitting my time between the two! I hate to admit it, but my second post might be over in the for sale area once I read up on the posting rules. You'll probably see a few more...
Back
Top Bottom