Search results

1. Enviroguy

Keep or Lose the Remaining Lacquer During Rebuild?

After a lengthy discussion with friends, experts and this thread, I've decided to remove the remaining 30% of her lacquer using a mild chemical stripper. She should look pretty good once hand polished. No buffing wheel is going to touch my baby.
  2. Enviroguy

Keep or Lose the Remaining Lacquer During Rebuild?

I am right in the middle of a rebuild project for a 1941 Buescher Big B Aristocrat tenor. I lucked into this horn on eBay a few months back and even in very poor condition, she still sounded wonderful. After getting Paul Heimann to agree to do the body work on her, I'm now finishing up the...
  3. Enviroguy

SOTW's down. Are we currently Number 1?

Me. That's why I'm here. I saw SOTW was still down and I needed my daily fix of saxophone related banter. So here I am. ;)
  4. Enviroguy

...should be seen and not heard?

Ok, So it's not the wrong question. It's just the wrong forum for that question. Fair enough. And as always, all my respect. ;)
  5. Enviroguy

...should be seen and not heard?

Respectfully Al, I don't see your point. Where I live there is pretty well a vacuum when is comes to playing wind instruments. Kid's without a lot of resources ask me these kinds of questions quite often. There's two way to look at this. If a music student asks his teacher a question like...
  6. Enviroguy

Inventory of Bari Players & Their Horns

A late Conn 12M bari made south of the border. I'm looking for a good image of a dancing Latina to have engraved on the bell. I haven't taken any pics yet. The setup is a 120/1/M stainless steel Berg Largsen with stock lig and Vandoren classic #3 reeds. I wanted something strong and powerful...
  7. Enviroguy

Time Change Challenges for the Hobbyist

I am not sure of your situation, but you have to remember that all those folks in your community band are volunteers. If you have people fighting to get into your band, then being highly competitive and pushing the players is ok. But in my neck of the woods, you are lucky to find enough folks...
  8. Enviroguy

Which instrument is this?

To me it looks like some kind of wooden recorder. Look at the first one in the pic below. See how the mouthpiece is made:
  9. Enviroguy

Mouthpieces what size,what type?

Sometimes you can find a good Selmer S80 or S90 on eBay for under $50. To me, these are a great improvement over the standard Selmer C*. Also, you may want to consider moving up at least one tip size to maybe a D or D*. My playing really improved when I happened to "find" an S80 tenor...
  10. Enviroguy

New 22" Flat Panel Monitor

Yep, Some time ago, I got one of these wide-screen babies for use on the computer I built to run the church's projection system. It's a joy to use. Now if I could just justify buying one for myself. :rolleyes: Here's a link to the 24-inch job...
  11. Enviroguy

WF New People Introductions

Oh I see. It's the alternate reality version of Hak that has the beard here. I wonder if Bandmommy is the one wearing the open mid-drift mini-skirt with the black go-go boots? 8-)
  12. Enviroguy

WF New People Introductions

Yep, I'm here from the other forum too. Everything looks strangely familiar, but different. I wonder if Spock has a beard on this forum? ;-)
Back
Top Bottom