Search results

1. A Stencil named "Master"

I don't think it's Santoni. Octave mech is wrong (except the thumb bit), LH table is wrong, ribs on back C pillars, octave mech on neck, neck socket (body and neck)...
  2. Collecting the Saxophone

2 points - Not i.e., but e.g. Sorry to be pedantic, but it's misleading. The sax was associated with jazz/black music which was strongly deprecated and fell foul of the racism inherent in nazi ideology. Guess I'll get an auto mod for this post..
  3. Collecting the Saxophone

What about special fingering systems like the Leblanc Rationale? And that french sax with the almost sideways bell?
  4. Pre-moderation on the WF ?

Happened to me as well recently. Just thought it was a bug. I can't remember where or what the post was about. I don't see members with more than 25 posts being a problem at present, but you never know what'll happen in future. But you don't need to use blacklisted words to stir up a lot of...
  5. Does anybody know what instrument this mouthpiece goes with?

Pete, Gebrüder means brothers. It's not a name. Company was founded by the father, Heinrich Wilhelm, the brothers were Fritz and Hans. But it gets a bit more complex after that, with other brothers, sons all getting involved. Good german page here, but you'll need to use google, as I haven't...
  6. Looking for metal clarinet barrel

I've got a copy, it's as good as his sax book - highly recommended!
  7. F Mezzo Soprano Sax by Aquilasax

The ad just says they're taking orders, and if they get enough it'll go into production. Intersting they say that it's half way between a sop and an alto, but it's keyed in F... can't they count?
  8. Beginner playing TOO low - Help?

You've been playing a transposing instrument for 40 years - the guitar plays an octave lower than written.
  9. Java Vulnerability & You

I think this is what Pete was saying. imho no, unless you need it for specific app(s). In the kids case it's a minecraft subscription.
  10. Java Vulnerability & You

Update 13 has just ben released. Hopefully this fixes the serious holes.
  11. Java Vulnerability & You

Sorry Pete, I understand. My wording wasn't the best. Wasn't having a go at you, I appreciate the warning. Bit of a bummer when commercial software comes with it's own Java installer, which relies on their custom java installation - and which hasn't/can't be upgraded. The kid's pc is crash and...
  12. Java Vulnerability & You

How to win friends and influence people - delete Java. OK what about all the phones with Java? Lots of commercial apps require it (I have a few different versions of Java on my machine as a result, cos the updates can screw up code written for older releases. And my kids' pc has piles of...
  13. My "In Man" Story...and how it applies to band management, and life in general

Yes please And thanks for the recipe, I'll send it to my wife, along witht he one I got from the interent. Tabasco is universally available. Even in Germany where very few people can take anythign as hot as a Jalapeno, never mind Tabasco chillis. I guess you meant he red kind. Worcestershire...
  14. My "In Man" Story...and how it applies to band management, and life in general

great story. never heard of crab rangoon before, just looked it up, will be giving it a try. If I can get the ingreedients here.
  15. Prettiest Sax of the Moment

OK, I doubt you'll see any without 'pearls', I don't remember seeing any post WWII saxes without them. Or do you mean going from coloured plastics to pearls? I've got a really scruffy Akustic. The red pearls appear to be some kind of plastic, not glass.
  16. What musicals would you absolutely want to play in the pit orchestra for?

Hair - as long as I get the harpsichord part.
  17. Prettiest Sax of the Moment

Helen, I think you're right, I've seen a couple of these red 'pearl' Weltklangs on ebay here.
  18. 1st time buyer question?

Might be worth thinking about selling your tenor separately. Some are worth a lot of money and you're likely to get a poor price as a trade-in. at the very least get a separate rpice for the tenor so that you can compare their offer to other similar horns up for sale. The dealers need to make a...
  19. Suggestions for good recording/mixing software

there's also audacity, which is free. Make sure you install Lame at the same time (directions on the audacity installation guide).
Back
Top Bottom