Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. mezzrow

Recommended Pieces?

I recommend to all Jay Bocook's Sacred Harp. We just performed this with our ensemble this spring, and I was terrifically impressed with his evocation of sounds I heard coming out of little churches in Alabama back in my youth. Probably a solid grade 5 difficulty. That's just in my...
  2. mezzrow

Flat tone hole location on bass clarinet bell

Just catching up in here... Can I ask what model this is, just for info's sake? Beyond that, I would very carefully play with pad height to see if you get any relief, and just squeeze as best you can to crank that up on the rare occasions you have to play it. And I do mean rare. You could...
  3. mezzrow

Part 1: Stuff You HAVE to Buy

Yep. Bloch's Schelomo is another one. Got called in to sub on bass clarinet part in a symphony rehearsal about 40 or so years ago - the guy I was subbing for had the first 40 measures or so copied out and transposed - the rest was up to me to read. Plus, I was using a school horn, and it...
  4. mezzrow

WF New People Introductions

Hello to all here on this forum. I'm just wandering in to look around and see what I can learn and share. I've been playing clarinet professionally on and off for a little over 40 years now. I don't call myself a sax player, though I own a few and enjoy playing them a lot. I'm more of a...
Back
Top Bottom