Search results

1. Should there be a C Horn with this Penzel Muller Low Pitch Set?

Thanks Gandy! I bet that Eb would be tiny!
  2. Should there be a C Horn with this Penzel Muller Low Pitch Set?

I'm thinking I am missing a horn for this Penzel Muller Low Pitch Set -- the wood case it came with has a slot for a 3rd clarinet. We have the A and the B, would there have been a a C Low Pitch?
  3. What am I? Noblet, All Wood, Stamped Made in France, Serial 5185A

Good to know with the rollers -- I was more interested in the LACK of rings on the LH body joint and the extra little trill key. Does that matter? I want to make sure I am accurately describing in the eBay listing!
  4. Identify this clarinet - Buffet half-Boehm Albert clarinet

I actually have a similar horn of which I was going to post pictures. Based on the serial number (K655), it is the same age range (1896ish) and I think mine is an Albert/Boehm hybrid as well. I've got it side by side with an M serial horn and there are definite differences between them even...
  5. What am I? Noblet, All Wood, Stamped Made in France, Serial 5185A

Today will be your lucky day then -- I shot some decent pics of the pair last night because I have some questions about the keying on the M serial # vs. the K serial number. I think the K series is some weird Albert/Boehm hybrid... here's a preview :)
  6. WF New People Introductions

oh we do! Like I said in my other post, I'm currently sitting on a pair of pre-1900 (M and K series) Buffets, a matched pair of Penzel Muller Low Pitches and a lovely little Noblet. I see Armstrongs, Yamahas, Artley, Bundy -- all the student brands -- pretty much all day, so any time a French or...
  7. What am I? Noblet, All Wood, Stamped Made in France, Serial 5185A

Aw thanks for the pawnshop love! The bad apples give us a bad rep, but you can really find some treasures if you are willing to dig. Unfortunately, a lot of people think just because their horn is old that is instantly valuable. The hardest part of my day is telling someone their family heirloom...
  8. WF New People Introductions

Hello all! Like I mentioned in my first post, I'm a pawnbroker and former flautist who currently lives in South San Francisco, CA. Played flute and piccolo from age 11 to 20 in concert band, symphonic orchestra, pep band, church band, marching band, and theatre pit orchestra. truly a little bit...
  9. What am I? Noblet, All Wood, Stamped Made in France, Serial 5185A

Thanks for the honesty -- I was a woodwinder back in the day, which is the reason I am the go-to person in our shop for woodwinds. I played flute and piccolo for years, but clarinets are outside my purview. I grew up in Indiana, so the Elkhart brands are close to my heart -- Gemeinhardt, FTW! I...
  10. What am I? Noblet, All Wood, Stamped Made in France, Serial 5185A

Hello all from a lowly Pawnbroker in South San Francisco. We have this beautiful vintage Noblet clarinet here at our shop, but I'm struggling to come up with an accurate year and model. Here's what I know so far: - modern keying system, so ignore the late 1890s Buffet in the background. That is...
Back
Top Bottom