Search results

1. mmatisoff

Who here has received a Covid Vac? What was your experience?

Have several medical conditions. Vax was easy, no problems. Planning on booster.
  2. mmatisoff

Staccato tonguing high altissimo C and D

Bb Clarinet (soprano).
  3. mmatisoff

JS Bach Cantatas - Book

Are there any sheet music books that include Bach's cantatas and bourrees for Bb Clarinet? The books I have are for solo Piano.
  4. mmatisoff

Minimizing airiness

I did as you suggested using only the headjoint. I don't get a triangle, I get an ellipse.
  5. mmatisoff

Minimizing airiness

I own a used beginner's flute. No obvious problems. No bent keys, no pad leaks, keys close in unison with no slop, tone is good (checked it against my tuner). A couple of keys have a little side to side motion. The foot joint isn't as tight as it should be, but it's a used flute. No matter...
  6. mmatisoff

Amati C Flute Maestro

Did Amati ever manufacture a C flute Maestro series with (AFL 634) E-mechanics and offset-G with "Maestro" stamped on the head joint mating section on the main body of the flute? I'd like to pick up an inexpensive head joint.
  7. mmatisoff

Using D# key on flute

Just for grins and giggles, who made Maestro flutes? I can't find anything on them.
  8. mmatisoff

Using D# key on flute

t's been 30+ years since I last played the flute. I rented a Yamaha flute from the local music store so that I could relearn it. I also own a Maestro open-hole flute. I noticed that when I play from low staff E up to above staff C (two lines above the staff) on both flutes, there is no change in...
  9. mmatisoff

Bb Clarinet. Two (D) and three ledger lines above the staff (E). More clarification. I'm trying to play eight staccato 8th notes (D) in succession and eight staccato notes in succession (E). I also need to be able to play three adjacent staccato notes: D (two ledger lines above the staff) to G...
  10. mmatisoff

I'm trying to play staccato on high altissimo C and D. Even when I practice them slowly, I can't get the tonguing right. No other notes are a problem. Any pointers?
  11. mmatisoff

Tremolo

I've search the web for the difference between a tremolo and trill on the clarinet. Most comments don't make a distinction between the two. I want to make sure that I understand the difference between trill and tremolos on the soprano Bb clarinet. If I am correct, a trill is played between two...
  12. mmatisoff

Bass clarinet pad leads

I own a used Vito Reso-tone bass clarinet. I've taken it to two different repair techs. The first tech said he repaired the bent keys and leaking pads. Unfortunately, the poor guy didn't do it right, so I had to bring it back to him. He still didn't know how to fix bent keys and didn't see that...
  13. mmatisoff

Playing chords in a music score

I've noticed in my readings that very often a clarinet part will have what looks like a chord in one measure. Does this mean that the clarinetist plays one or the other note depending on the conductor? Or, do two first clarinetists play each separate note? I've attached a few measures of...
  14. mmatisoff

Crossing the break on a bass clarinet

My mistake. Going from Bb to B. And, yes, a professional clarinetist played and said it was fine. I'm going to have to keep working at (or find an alternate fingering).
  15. mmatisoff

Crossing the break on a bass clarinet

I've been playing the Bb soprano for years. Recently (a few months ago), I decided to wanted to learn the low Eb bass clarinet. After sending it (Vito Reso Tone) to two technicians. The first one didn't see the bent keys, the synchrony of the two vents, or the large number of leaks. The second...
  16. mmatisoff

Balancing the bass clarinet

Hi Tony. You doing okay? I use the floor peg. It only occurs when I play open G, A, and Bb. This isn't a problem with the Bb clarinet. It doesn't weigh much.
  17. mmatisoff

Balancing the bass clarinet

I've been playing the Bb clarinet for a long time. A few ago, I bought a bass clarinet. Just one question: how do you balance the bass clarinet (other than the thumb rest) when playing the throat tones?
  18. mmatisoff

Bass clarinet register key

I just picked up my bass clarinet from the repair shop. The notes are fuller and rounder; however, the lower register key is at a different level than the thumb (F) key. That said, when I try to play cross from Bb to B, I have to roll my thumb over more than I do with my Bb (see images). Also...
  19. mmatisoff

Yamaha Intermediate Bass Clarinet

Does Yamaha make an "intermediate" bass clarinet? I've been playing for a number of years (Bb and Bass) and would like to move up to an intermediate model. Thanks
  20. mmatisoff

Rose Etudes

I'm nearing the completion of the Rose Etudes 32 and 40. Can you recommend more etudes (or anything else) that will enable me to continue advancing in my studies. I play Bb and bass clarinet. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom