Search results

1. An 'A Clarinet' that measures 26.5 inches?

Checked it to a tuner, it's an A clarinet. Still confused about the length though..
  2. An 'A Clarinet' that measures 26.5 inches?

Also, I just managed to date it with the serial number on this page (http://www.horniman.ac.uk/media/_file/bandh_handlists_web.pdf) and it allegedly left the factory in either the end of 1955 or the start of 1956; if that helps.
  3. An 'A Clarinet' that measures 26.5 inches?

Thanks Tony F. My Emperor measures 600mm with the original barrel (the wood and stamp are the same) but it is a semi tone down from Bb which would make me think it's possibly an A? Do you know why this could be and which clarinet it is that I own? Also, if you have any sites with info on...
  4. An 'A Clarinet' that measures 26.5 inches?

@Pete, Thank you so much! You have made me realise that I was also measuring with the mouthpiece on, newbie mistake I'm guessing. I will have to buy a tuner and see if it is indeed in-tune to others.
  5. An 'A Clarinet' that measures 26.5 inches?

I have just bought a Boosey & Hawkes Emperor clarinet in a charity shop. I got it serviced in a shop near where I live. I recognised the wood as African Blackwood before I bought it (I used to be a flute maker) and the shop claimed that the clarinet is also at least 63 years old with sterling...
Back
Top Bottom