Search results

1. New to Woodwinds.

I primarily play at church where I do not get music, so I have been able to perfect my ability to hear a song usually the first time through, identify the key signature and play the main theme right off. Then I generally improvise and add things to the songs. We have a community band that...
  2. New to Woodwinds.

I have a 1970-Bach Mercedes II Cornet, my first instrument, A 1960-Buesher Super Aristocrate Trumpet, and a 1940-C.G. Conn French Horn, and a 1920-1924 Max Kielwerth high pitch alto saxophone.
  3. New to Woodwinds.

So, Pete and Helen, That being said, I have a very unusual horn. Not interested in selling, maybe cause I am an antique buff, any guess about when it may have been made?
  4. New to Woodwinds.

Ok so here goes, I only found one identifying mark on the instrument and it wasn't on the back by the right thumb rest. I have been reading the article on this site about stenciling, and beginning to think that might be the case. Anyway, the markings were located at the top where the neck...
  5. New to Woodwinds.

Ok, forgive me, it has rolled tone holes, what does that tell me? I am a newbie.
  6. New to Woodwinds.

Pic size fix Sorry it took so long, had to find a file size that would work. Replaced the ones I originally posted.
  7. New to Woodwinds.

I am primarily a brass player, but recently decided to expand to other instruments, I first purchased a French horn and am progressing nicely. Back in 1983 I went to a junk shop in Washington State and found a saxophone hanging from the wall from a shoestring. I recently had new pads and...
Back
Top Bottom