Search results

1. Oboeguy

Help Playing the Rose Étude #1 (from 32 Rose Etudes) for High School Audition

For learning passages like these, I tend to take the approach of playing quarter tempo, then half tempo then full tempo. First, I set a metronome up at a much slower tempo than normal. If I were playing a piece at 60bpm, I would set it for 30-40. Second, I would take this passage for 32nd notes...
  2. Oboeguy

Beautiful

I so wish this was still true! Maybe it is true in other cities...but there's an abundance of oboists here in Winston Salem. It's ridiculous!
  3. Oboeguy

What are your doubles?

I got my Bachelor's and Master's in English Horn/Oboe Performance, but... In Score Order... What I Own- Piccolo Flute Oboe English Horn Clarinet in Eb, Bb and A Bassoon Soprano, Alto and Tenor Saxophone Violin Viola Don't own, but have access to- Bass Clarinet Bari Sax Cello Bass Have...
  4. Oboeguy

Eb Clarinet Bell

Yea, I'm sure. I played it with her mouthpiece. Same pitch. It's not that much bigger, but it is a bit bigger.
  5. Oboeguy

Eb Clarinet Bell

I got one sent to me, but it's too small :(. My friends E-11 bell was too small also, so not if I'm going to be able to find one. Think I may ask my repair guy to measure it for me.
  6. Oboeguy

Gift's To Clara Schumann (Winston Salem, NC)

Gifts to Clara An Ode to the Birthday of Clara Schumann Featuring the Music of Robert Schumann, Johannes Brahms, and Felix Mendelssohn Presented by Ronnal Ford, Clarinet Kania Mills, Clarinet Christina Placilla, Viola Lynne Latham, Cello Mary Ann Bills, Piano Sunday...
  7. Oboeguy

ProTec Double Case/E.H. bocals

Has anyone tried it? Looking to get a new case for my Oboe and the English horn I'm getting (well I have in my possession but for when I get it repaired ) http://www.protecmusic.com/items.asp...ubCategoryID=7 is a link to it. Trying to get one that's not overly expensive, but still protects...
  8. Oboeguy

What's your Oboe setup?

Oboe Setup Fox 400 Oboe and my own reeds, generally from Rigotti shaped and gouged cane on Sierra and recycled Staples. The Fox 400 is a really nice instrument I must say. My teacher didn't realize it wasn't a Loree for a while! Granted...A Loree has made my bad reeds sound good lol, I'm...
  9. Oboeguy

Eb Clarinet Bell

Yea...seems as if Albert systems are in abundance on ebay along with the alto clarinets. But I'll just keep my eyes open on ebay. Is there anywhere else that one could suggest looking?
  10. Oboeguy

What is your Clarinet setup ?

Clarinet Setup Couesnon (Monople?) Bb (and A) Barrel looks like it could be an old Conn tuning barrel (screws up and down instead of click with a good bit of metal in it. REALLY opened my sound up! But haven't been able to find info on it anywhere.) Genussa Excellente GE* Mouthpiece Rico Grand...
  11. Oboeguy

Eb Clarinet Bell

Thanks for the welcome. :) I've been keeping an eye on Ebay since I made the bid. I missed one by a day or so. Darn! It's a Bourdain Eb (soprano) Clarinet. Looks like the size of a general Eb clarinet. Let me friend try it out who plays a lot of Eb and she didn't notice anything out of the...
  12. Oboeguy

Eb Clarinet Bell

Hi. Can't post in the "want to buy" section so I thought I'd try my luck here. I've just came into possession of an Eb clarinet without a bell (and mouthpiece for that matter, but looking for a mouthpiece is a lot easier). Any one have one, or know where I can get an inexpensive bell from? A...
Back
Top Bottom