Search results

1. Aulos303

Thinking of getting a Nuvo DooD

Good points, but most if not all are not applicable here in England. I know for a fact that the college I attended doesn't even have a music department. Craigslist, isn't that just for in the US? Same with Goodwill.com?
  2. Aulos303

What about this Xaphoon? The Cantabile X20
  3. Aulos303

I would love to do that, but I don't have a regular income, and I'm 50. By the time I had enough money to buy a new sax (and it would have to be new let's face it) I might be in my 60s! Another option was a Xaphoon, like the Cantabile X20.
  4. Aulos303

From what I've seen on youtube these (and the Jsax) look and sound really good. I can get one for less than £30 and even tho it won't have the range of a clarinet it has that reed, giving that sound and dynamics that I really like, also it will give me the opportunity of playing an instrument...
  5. Aulos303

So I got that Nobley thingy.

Looking good. I see from your blog that you dabble in bonsai too. Me too, tho I've lost more than I've kept
  6. Aulos303

Buffet B12, Equivalent or Similar help?

Some interesting points in this thread for a wannabe clarineter like me! Plastic preferable to wood, for similar reasons to those attached to recorders!
  7. Aulos303

Keyguard question ...

What purpose do these guards perform? Are they put on to protect the sax when it's put in its case?
  8. Aulos303

Why Bb?

Clarinet heaven!
  9. Aulos303

Why Bb?

I recently got a book on the history of the clarinet (the Clarinet Companion). Looks an interesting book.
  10. Aulos303

Oh dear...

Yea I hear ya. We'll just have to see. I'm also teaching myself piano. If I could afford a teacher and find the time I would. But I'm unemployed, it's just not possible at the moment. And any money we get goes to the kids.
  11. Aulos303

Oh dear...

I couldn't afford a teacher, I have taught myself pretty much everything so far.
  12. Aulos303

Oh dear...

Well I didn't say I was gonna get it, I was just tempted while waiting for my dentist appointment. I know I have to save up and buy a new one. Still nice to window shop occasionally.
  13. Aulos303

Oh dear...

While waiting for my dentist appointment I spotted a Buffet Crampon B12 in cash converters, selling for £80. All the keys work, it even has a reed attached. Unfortunately the money is allocated to get a set up done on my ukulele. Was really tempting tho, although not being a player myself I...
  14. Aulos303

Why Bb?

Some nice pics there! That Conn-O-Sax is weird. A ball instead of a bell and said to sound like a big oboe! Odd
  15. Aulos303

Why Bb?

Which is why some holes on the tin whistle are large and some are small!
  16. Aulos303

Why Bb?

Interesting stuff. Sax is conical whereas I believe that clarinet is cylindrical, correct? Also the recorder is conical but the tin whistle cylindrical.
  17. Aulos303

Why Bb?

I'll have to do some research, find out the differences between trumpet and cornet
  18. Aulos303

Why Bb?

Fascinating. I love their videos. That horn is surprisingly versatile and of course I want to try playing one ;) Interesting that she says Richard Straus. I always thought it was pronounced Rickhard.. Anyway, good stuff!
  19. Aulos303

WooF Member Recording Thread

I learnrd a new song today, called Never on a Sunday, and played it on my Yamaha alto recorder after picking out the notes on ukulele.
Back
Top Bottom